1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 69136] Owls Head - Todd's dialogue (re: Myrna the Framer quest) has "?"

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Rinaldi, May 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

05/23/2021 07:49
    Title: Owls Head - Todd's dialogue re: Myrna the Framer quest
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Todd's dialogue in this quest talks about "?MYRNA THE FARMER?" Seems that the "?" should not be present in that text.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1384.Date.05.10.21
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (77.6, 71.4, 58.5)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCg3Ny42MDgsIDcxLjM3MiwgNTguNTMzKXwoMCwgMC4yMDMsIDAsIDAuOTc5KXwtMzM2LjU5MzJ8MzUuMzc1ODh8MS45NQ==

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #69136

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing as of 1386

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is still happening in build 1388. I think the reason why, is if the player has NOT spoken to Myra and learned her name(?). Or possibly various other things.

Steps preformed:
    With a new created character, speak to Morgan. Click the help and then be given the 3 options for his quest. The dialogue window suddenly closed, before I could select an answer. I then spoke to Morgan again and clicked help but he stated I had already accepted his quest(?).

[11:27 AM] Greetings! I'm Morgan, and I can't help it if my goods are the finest in Owl's Head!
    [11:27 AM] Ast: help
    [11:27 AM] Morgan: So, I'm sure you noticed the peddler, Myra, across the way. She's set up shop so close, it's impossible for me to work! What I want you to do is to go talk to Todd and tell him that Myra's meat is spoiled and made you ill.
    [11:27 AM] You learned the name of Myra the Farmer.
    [11:27 AM] You learned the name of Todd.

Window suddenly closed before I could select an answer.
    Of note, the 2 function calls for: You learned the name of Myra the Farmer. and You learned the name of Todd. don't appear to be working? I don't actually know what that is supposed to be doing or not. Neither the Villager (Todd) or Farmer (Myra) were showing as named yet.

[11:27 AM] Greetings! I'm Morgan, and I can't help it if my goods are the finest in Owl's Head!
    [11:27 AM] Ast: help
    [11:27 AM] Morgan: Yes, yes, I've already told you what needs to be done, please get to it.
    [11:27 AM] Ast: Goodbye
    [11:27 AM] Morgan: Come back soon! My stock refreshes daily!

I then speak to the NPC named Villager:
    [11:29 AM] Villager: Be careful about the chickens. Myra will get mad if you step on them.
    [11:29 AM] Ast: name
    [11:29 AM] Todd: I'm no one of consequence, but you can call me Todd if you like.
    [11:29 AM] Ast: Myra
    [11:29 AM] Todd: Myra seems so sad all the time. Maybe all her chickens are making her ill.
    [11:29 AM] Ast: Her meat makes people sick.
    [11:29 AM] Todd: What? You are serious? Thank you for warning me, traveler. I'll have to buy food elsewhere.
    [11:29 AM] I should tell Morgan the task is complete.
    [11:29 AM] ?MYRA THE FARMER? will no longer buy from or sell to you!
    [11:29 AM] Ast: Goodbye
    [11:29 AM] Todd: Farewell, outlander.

05/30/2021 11:29
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1388.Date.05.27.21
    Loc: (78.4, 71.3, 58.2)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCg3OC40MzksIDcxLjM0MSwgNTguMjQxKXwoMCwgMC4zODIsIDAsIC0wLjkyNCl8MzEzLjkxNTJ8MzMuNzM2ODh8MTUuMDkxMjk=

Rinaldi likes this.
  5. Sannio

Thanks for the update. Reopened issue #69136

Anpu likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is still happening in build 1390:

[9:06 AM] Greetings! I'm Morgan, and I can't help it if my goods are the finest in Owl's Head!
    [9:06 AM] Ast: My name is Ast
    [9:06 AM] Morgan: Welcome to my humble shop, Ast!
    [9:06 AM] Ast: help
    [9:06 AM] Morgan: So, I'm sure you noticed the peddler, Myra, across the way. She's set up shop so close, it's impossible for me to work! What I want you to do is to go talk to Todd and tell him that Myra's meat is spoiled and made you ill.
    [9:06 AM] You learned the name of Myra the Farmer.
    [9:06 AM] You learned the name of Todd.
    [9:06 AM] Ast: Why not!
    [9:06 AM] Morgan: Excellent! Go talk to Todd about Myra. Tell him her meat is spoiled and made you sick. Afterward, come back and tell me the task is complete.
    [9:06 AM] Morgan wants me to talk to Todd and discredit Myra.
    [9:06 AM] You learned the name of Myra.
    [9:06 AM] Ast: Goodbye
    [9:06 AM] Morgan: Come back soon! My stock refreshes daily!

[9:07 AM] Villager: Hey, Joseph, should we buy this fish? Wait, you're not Joseph.
    [9:07 AM] Villager: Be careful about the chickens. Myra will get mad if you step on them.
    [9:07 AM] Ast: name
    [9:07 AM] Todd: I'm no one of consequence, but you can call me Todd if you like.
    [9:07 AM] Ast: Myra
    [9:07 AM] Todd: Myra seems so sad all the time. Maybe all her chickens are making her ill.
    [9:07 AM] You learned the name of Myra the Farmer.
    [9:07 AM] Ast: Her meat makes people sick.
    [9:07 AM] Todd: What? You are serious? Thank you for warning me, traveler. I'll have to buy food elsewhere.
    [9:07 AM] I should tell Morgan the task is complete.
    [9:07 AM] ?MYRA THE FARMER? will no longer buy from or sell to you!

Of note Myra and Todd still are unnamed even though it states I have learned the names of both Myra and Todd. I did not speak to Myra. She is still named Farmer.

Steps: Create new character. Speak to Morgan, get his quest. Speak to Todd click Myra and Her meat makes people sick. keywords.

06/06/2021 09:08
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1390.Date.06.03.21
    Loc: (82.7, 71.0, 55.1)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCg4Mi43NDIsIDcwLjk4OCwgNTUuMTI2KXwoMCwgMC44NjIsIDAsIDAuNTA3KXw4MzIuMDE1OXw0MC4yNzI1NnwxNy45OTg5OA==

7. Sannio

This has something to do with our localization system. I'm not clear on how all this stuff works, but some of the team has been poking into our localization process and, hopefully, this will lead to a fix for this as well. That's my hope, anyway. :)

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.