1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 71192] Castle Atos, Inner Wall

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by ConjurerDragon, Mar 12, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

03/12/2023 20:25
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no,
    Details: When I came back to Castle Atos the inner gate looked somewhat distorted, especially the two arrowslits. And the rocks right and left before the gates towers looked climbable. They weren´t - but I could climb up the haystack to the left of the gate and found a slit in the wall that allowed to look inside and get inside. Which I assume is a bug.

Edit: I found that I could exit that place again on my own and ended in the space where the portcullis would come down. After exiting the inside of the wall it was closed again at that place.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1639.Date.02.25.23
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-13.7, 112.0, 353.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTEzLjcxMiwgMTExLjk3NiwgMzUzLjQ0MSl8KDAsIC0wLjcwNSwgMCwgLTAuNzA5KXwtMzAzLjM5MjR8Mi40MjM2OTZ8MS4yNQ==

[​IMG]

When I saw that the eastern tower of the inner gate was hollow I thought that the western wall would be, too. However as there is no haystack allowing to go up to the rift between the walls this was trickier. When going up the stair on to the battlement and running to the west of the western gate tower one can jump down "sliding" down on the wall of the tower. Normally one would land on the band of stones around the tower - but those stone have no density and one falls right trough them. Which allows a view into the western tower:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #71192

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

After searching a bit I found a way into the western tower of the inner gate.
    When standing between the wagons next to the wall belonging to the bank there is a new bench to sit on. When one jumps on that and then jumps the wall you gain a bit of height. Then jumping over to the western gate tower lets you land on the narrow that runs around the wall below the stones that have no substance. Standing there, depending on camera angle you already can see into the western tower.
    Jumping around the wall on that ledgeer to the east of the western wall allows the same entrancs as the eastern wall did.

The western tower can be left through the portcullis gap just like the eastern tower so one is not trapped inside. A hollow wall runs along behind the bank to the west.

It´s a shame that these rooms are not used in some way.

e.g. the eastern tower with the straw on the floor and the window up high looks like a medieval prison cell.

The western tower would be ideal for some sinister meeting
    or as a secret route for guards to shift their positions on the wall unnoticed if it would be connected to the battlement above with a ladder
    or as a hidden tunnel that had been dug by some robbers who intended to break through the wall of the bank when their tunnel would have been driven far enough to the west to be right behind the safe and who had luckily been caught before. Would be a nice rumour to hear in the tavern...

03/13/2023 20:43
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no
    Details: Location inside western tower of inner gate
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1639.Date.02.25.23
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-50.7, 112.0, 355.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTUwLjc0MywgMTExLjk3NiwgMzU1LjI5KXwoMCwgMC45MTIsIDAsIDAuNDEpfC00NDUuMzczfC00LjQ3NjE0N3wxLjI1

Beaumaris likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the update. A fix was already submitted based on the first report, and that same fix will apply to this new area as well.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1647

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Revisited Castle Atos and tried to squeeze into the tower from both sides. All locations where a player could get into the inner wall that I described above are no longer accessible.

Sannio likes this.