Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Fixed" an "issue" where buffs from instruments...

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Sir Leonard, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Hmm... Really, so this was an "issue"? Kinda, since they where released? Funny, never realized.
    So we are not supposed to have Fleeting Flute adding "+3 Movement Speed" to ourselves (cause obviously you can't run and play at the same time)? Nor be able to attack while having +10% attack speed? To whom then, party members?

Funny, didn't realize we were supposed to have one person being a standing buffing bard, since the buffs had pretty much the same FIXED duration for everyone and the mechanics didn't seem broken at all.

Anyway... guess at least you should have warned about this months ago, BEFORE people started to sell those for dozens of thousands of gold, cause for certainly now they are not worth not even 1/5 of what they did.

Thanks.

ZeCarlos, Arcanoxer, yinki2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Well, from Release 41:
    This is the way they were designed when they were added over a year ago.

Olthadir likes this.
  3. Sir Leonard

Well, guess i should have paid attention to the tiny scripting then. TMI. Not to mention this was one of the most expensive of them, the game gives you NO CLUE of the effects of none of them, so you buy it cause you (I) were too stupid to realize this wasn't working as intended and didn't know it wasn't supposed to work that way...

Got it. Anyway...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The fleet flute hasn't affected party members in months. The main and only use of this was to accelerate oneself, for me personally to try and avoid the annoying random encounters on the world map. The fact that the "effect" goes away if you "stop playing" is completely ludicrous, since while you're playing, you move at the marching band walk speed! Once again another case of taking something that was a neat convenience feature and nerfing it to uselessness, frustrating everyone who has invested time to farm/buy one. I sincerely hope this is not intentional or its another face slap from R53.

Additionally, the effect already counted as 1 of your "2 limited" movement effects....so there was already mitigation in place for this.

The buffs aren't good enough for a party member to just stand there playing and not contribute. If you want to make bards a viable thing they need to either make a skill tree for it or significantly increase the musical effects. As it stands, the musical artifacts were quirky little things that gave you a nice boost.

And now, it seems, they will do nothing?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  5. Sir Leonard

Seemingly yeah, and by what the coleague over there posted... BY DESIGN.
    But i still have problems figuring out which buffs should "be checked for every 5 secs and then persist for 30" and which AREN'T SUPPOSED TO, since the game offers you no clue at all. Are we always supposed to rely on precarious patch notes for valuable info? And new players, will they also have to "play" the forums to win?

The flute now is one of the most idiotic artifact. 10% attack speed? Not usefull even on control points since AoE spells there are what command the show.

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah I really have trouble understanding the reasoning here.
    The instruments were a small, but nifty bonus, could give you a slight edge, and that made them desirable.
    I have no idea why it was decided to just globally and systematically stamp this out.
    Why even have them to begin with if you're going to make them pointless?
    If I'm in a party, I want everyone doing their job - damage, healing, whatever. Not someone sat around to give a buff that does less than eating a food...

Elwyn and Tamsen like this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If this is how instruments are intended to work, then it's just very bad design. It would have been much better to just modify effects on any instruments if they were considered to be too powerful. This way just makes a lot of decent utility items completely useless.

Vermine likes this.
  8. Shift

Shift Avatar

As a new player.. It would of been nice to know that these Instruments weren't working as intended before I spent 200,000 gold on the Fleet Flute and the Harp of Invigoration. This is the type of thing that really annoys me. What else am I gonna get screwed over by? what else isn't working as intended so I don't waste my gold on. Is anything in this game working as intended? I've been playing this game everyday since Early access release, and In one month. I went from having a lot of fun. To my Plate gear being completely worthless, and Now the Artifacts I just spent all my gold being completely worthless. I"m scared to even buy anything now. What else isn't working as intended? Seems like everything.

Tamsen and Ryodin Stormwind like this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The fleet flute was my most treasured possession. I knew that the day would come when it would be nerfed. I better start collecting wolf heads in anticipation of a change to their drop rate.

ZeCarlos and Almar like this.
  10. Drilikath2020

Drilikath2020 Avatar

Considering Instruments where NEVER on the KNOWN LIST..... Why is the change made now after release if since R41 they where broken so your telling ALL of us that a YEAR later they are still broken/not working but you let it go on for a year, and then now that the game is "RELEASED" you want to make every major change in the game now. I will say it again WELCOME TO NERF OF THE AVATAR. This change was in QA RIGHT? So everyone got to test it and give feedback?

@Chris @PlagueOfLocust @tphilipp @UglyFist @enalNomad @Lexie

Tamsen, Lord Baldrith and Dotem Enron like this.
  11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It seems it is a bug and they are being fixed.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ris-daily-work-blog.85584/page-7#post-1017407

Ok, since I normally deliver what most would consider bad news in my blog I'll mix it up now and give you some bad news AND good news. So this release has some massive improvements in it BUT despite working until 9PM last night, we still have some crazy bugs in there. Yes, I know there are issues with at least some AEs not hitting some targets and artifact instruments are borked and a half dozen other small issues. We'll do another patch or three next week to fix it but too risky to do a weekend patch and the team needs a break.

St Drahcir likes this.
  12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

To top it all off, if one had their fleet flute @100,000 gold on a commission vendor, then you have lost more gold listing it than it is worth now. IMO the flute gave no advantage that could not be obtained by other buffs, it was just more convenient and saved some focus. It is basically useless now.

13. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

If the fleet flute is supposed to only effect party members how is the bard supposed to keep up with the faster party?

It was also the only viable option for a speed boost when wearing plate.

14. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Thank you for that link! Its a bug! Thank god!

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The bug is that some instruments are not affecting your party members as they should.
    The change that removes the buff as soon as you stop playing was intentional:

16. Sir Leonard

Barugon likes this.
  17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

I did edge my bets in my post up above.... i said 'It seems it is a bug', i thought they might be intentional due to past changes but sensibility's indicated otherwise, i was wrong :(....

Many moons ago they did this before, made the instruments only effect other players and while they were being played( Party zipping along while the bard wasn't, party all stealthed while the bard wasn't, etc) This was removed and they went back to how they were when they first came in and were last release. It seems they have now intentionally gone back to them only giving effects when actively played, The reasoning why eludes me, sure, a player might like to play the bard, there might be 1 or 2, but basically now they have made artefact instruments worthless to the vast majority of their playerbase, i imagine 99% of players with any type of musical artefact will see this change as backward...

Barugon likes this.
  18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Bow Vale likes this.
  20. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Chris said it was being rolled back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.