Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed]Charged Attack and Global Cooldown

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Browncoat Jayson, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

5/26/2017 11:11 PM
    Title: Charged Attack and Global Cooldown
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: In prior versions, I was able to start charging an attack immediately following a skill use. However, in R42, I must wait for the global cooldown to end before the charge begins. This adds a full second to each attack, greatly impacting DPS.
    Steps to Reproduce: Use a skill (like Root), then hold the mouse button to charge. Notice it doesnt charge until the global cooldown on your skills is complete. Weep that Root is now broken and you did no DPS in that time.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16291
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 4063
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.612.Date.05.26.17
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMinesEntrance
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Spine Foothills
    Loc: (-91.4, 56.8, 125.2)

Rentier and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I think we may need more information on how your deck is built in order to get to the bottom of this.
    When I use root, I can charge right away. Do you have both locked on your combat bar? If not which one is locked (if any) and how many glyphs of each to you have in your deck?

Rentier likes this.
  3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie Can confirm this one as very annoying standing around midcombat and not beeing able to charge my ranged weapon
    BUT normal attack is possible ?!?!
    (twin Foothills, Approach to the shuttered eye, plains encounter.. I think this is not loc triggered)

e.g. Casting aimed shot, blinding shot, fire fist, ice fist, heals, chain lightning etc. and then try to charge

Edit: Aimed shot and disabling shot are fixed on combat bar

only in Battlescenes not in NPC-Towns (there the general cooldown seems to be much lower?!?!)

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Had a new plains encounter and there only the fixed slots general cooldown (for my deck aimed shot and disabling shot) denied me the charging

Edit added chain lightning to fixed and that got a BIG delay on general cooldown and no charging attack there too

Edit2 getting chained lightning in an open slot after the spell is done the carging attack starts...so only a fixed skillslot has a longer general cooldown and also shuts down charing attack....

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  5. Browncoat Jayson

I have root locked on my bar, and have no glyphs in my deck. Charged attacks don't use slots or glyphs, so I have no idea what you are asking. I'll take a video of it tonight.

Rentier likes this.
  6. Some Dude

Some Dude Avatar

I'm experiencing the same thing to varying degrees with different locked glyphs. I run a hybrid bar with several locked glyphs and unlocked glyphs of the same types, and I notice a significant delay on attempting to charge up a shot once I use certain skills. As an example, I notice that if I use an unlocked Aimed Shot, I can begin charging a shot with my bow as soon as the firing animation is over, whereas if I use my locked Aimed Shot, there is a significant delay beyond the end of the animation where I can't execute a manual shot or auto-attack. The delay is significantly longer than the global cooldown when shooting manually, and prevents me from efficiently waiting out cooldowns by charging a shot, but I can use another locked or unlocked glyph as soon as the global cooldown period ends, which is before the end of this bizarre delay.

An important note is that this doesn't seem to apply to all of the glyphs that I run. The one exception that I've found is that Disabling Shot doesn't seem to cause this overly long delay, whereas Aimed Shot, Piercing Shot, Rapid Fire, and Air's Embrace all seem to cause this long delay.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Rentier likes this.
  7. weryhard

weryhard Avatar

I aggree with this topic.I am flame magician sword user(warlock). there are HUGE problem with new locked combat deck system.Sometimes i have waited 2 sec about some of my fire magic.Cant use even my sword in this cooldown.For example use fireball after its succes i have to wait 2 sec to do anything,only ş can run...Not only fire but also sun magics for example elysian illumination..

8. Lexie

Be sure to try it under build 614:

• Cooldown time for Locked Decks will no longer be calculated on post-cast heat levels, which made them overly long.
    • The max cooldown penalty for Locked Deck heat is now capped at 2 seconds, a reduction.

Rentier likes this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

I didn't have a chance to video it last night, so I'll try it again with this change and record if its still odd.

Lexie likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

@Lexie Ok, I watched the Tech Talk Tuesday video today right before the telethon, and then got to play a bit tonight. I think it is working "correctly", just not how I would expect.

Chris noted in the Tech Talk that cooldown is also being used as "casting time" for the locked deck. The bug that was fixed made this decrease on the first cast (without heat), so it was back to what was expected by the devs. However, I was previously used to being able to charge as soon I hit an ability, and not having the cooldown penalizing that. Without heat, its almost back to what it was; still a half second or so slower, but acceptable.

Its going to take some getting used to with the locked deck.

Rentier likes this.
  11. Lexie

@Browncoat Jayson I thought you were talking about the skill that is called charge under Shields. I think I understand now.
    You are right, even Chris said that it would take a little bit of time to get used to (combat in general) and he's right. Definitely keep evaluating it and put your feedback in the general forum section. Rarely is anything ever 100% finale in any game that requires careful game balance consideration....

Rentier and Browncoat Jayson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.