Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Looking at existing rooms adds their points to the total points used

Discussion in 'Player Made Dungeons' started by Bryce Pallaton, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

08/29/2019 22:30
    Title: Looking at existing rooms adds their points to the total points used.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes - You can't use the points that have been erroneously consumed.
    Details:
    NB: I use the term "inspected" here to mean that I clicked on the blue crossed hammers of a room from an adjacent room or passageway in order to obtain its Dungeon Point Value.

After loading into the latest release, I went to my dungeon and wanted to check the exact number of points I had remaining. I clicked on my Spider Room's blue hammers, and was stunned to see the Dungeon Point Value at about 50 points more in use than I expected! I posted https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...layer-dungeon-room-point-costs-change.158387/ to ask if the dungeon point values had changed.

I started going around, and checking to make sure that each room type was the expected number of points. Everything was as expected, and then I looked at the Dungeon Point Limit section and was amazed to see that it had continued to rise. Some quick math showed that it had risen by the amount equal to the sum of the point values of the rooms I had inspected.

To test my theory, I went to a room I had previously inspected, and saw that the point total did not change. Then I went to a room I had not visited (a straight hallway) and saw that the point total incremented by 1.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Go to a dungeon that already had rooms before the release.
    2. Set the dungeon to deco mode (disable adventure mode), and enter the dungeon.
    3. Click or use the interact key on a set of crossed hammers.
    4. Note the Dungeon Point Limit as XX/YY. XX is the value that concerns us here.
    5. Cancel the dialog.
    6. Go to another room that was placed before the patch was applied. A hallway will do; any room with at least 1 point value. Note that rooms whose corresponding crossed hammers have already been inspected after this release do not get their points added again.
    7. Click or use the interact key on the set of crossed hammers that applies to the room of interest.
    8. Note that the Dungeon Point Limit (XX) has increased by the point value of the room inspected.
    9. Cancel the dialog.
    Note that clicking or using the interact key on blue crossed hammers of rooms already inspected in this fashion does not increase the value of XX - only the first time a particular room is inspected after the release does this occur.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32720
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1032.Date.08.29.19
    Area: PlayerDungeon_GreyStone
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (-0.3, 0.0, -16.9)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9HcmV5U3RvbmV8fCgtMC4yNTgsIDAsIC0xNi44OTYpfCgwLCAxLCAwLCAwLjAxOCl8NTM4LjM2MTJ8MTguNDAyNDF8MS42NzcyNzk=

2. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I have verified this effect in both my dungeons.

3. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the report!

Issue #65604

4. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

Workaround:
    If you discover you have this problem, you can click the blue crossed hammers of affected rooms, scroll the room to None, and then click cancel. It's a lot of work if this bug has affected multiple rooms, but you can get your points back without picking up the whole dungeon.

5. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This has been fixed for an upcoming patch.

Bryce Pallaton and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.