1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Not able to place or pickup decorations in player dungeon

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by SteelCore, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

02/27/2020 19:12
    Title: Cant pick up, place or move decorations in player dungeon
    Reproduction Rate: 100% for a whole month now
    Blocker? yes
    Details: I cant do anything deco related in my dungeon. Dungeon is set to decoration mode and click to drag decoration is enabled.
    Steps to Reproduce: Contact me and i will add you as co-owner to the lot and you see for yourself.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 32731
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1124.Date.02.26.20
    Area: PlayerDungeon_RedStone
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (0.0, 0.0, 4.7)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9SZWRTdG9uZXx8KDAuMDQ3LCAwLjAyLCA0LjczNCl8KDAsIDEsIDAsIDApfDE3Ny40Njg3fDI0Ljk0NjM3fDI=

If i enter the dungeon and open the deco palette it shows empty bars for NPCs/containers/decos/lights placed, but i have 100s containers,items,lights placed there.
    I checked the QA server yesterday and today before the R75 went live and decorating worked perfectly fine there.

This bug is very annoying for me because i use the dungeon as crafting area and living space and it was blocked for a whole month already. Please fix this ASAP.

Edit: I also noticed that the blood stains i placed in R73 are not visible anymore.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@SteelCore I was able to re-produce the issue in your dungeon. In future, please include an LOC of your dungeon/basement hatch or lot stone to allow the Devs to locate you in game. (the Dungeon /bug info does not bring us to your lot directly).

Issue# 66496 created.

Can you explain what was being done when the deco got into this state originally? (to help troubleshooting)

PS- Blood Splatter issue is still open; Issue#66410, I updated the ticket with your report.

Thanks for the report! (please try not to change anything in that dungeon while we isolate the issue! - Watch here for updates)

Margaritte and Anpu like this.
  3. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

I reported the issue here:

4. Ravalox

ok thanks. There's a patch we are working on, that should be live shortly which should help us isolate this further.

Numa likes this.
  5. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

6. Ravalox

Looks like we might have the Blood splatter issue on the run. I am testing a patch right now that is no longer producing the errors I have been seeing. This is not the cause of the Deco Move issue, but may still be related.

7. Ravalox

So far player responses indicate that the fix we put in place today has alleviated the 'Cannot Move Deco' symptoms.

Please check to see if you are still impacted today after the patch. If so, then let me know here on this thread.

This patch was the first wave in rooting out an issue we have identified in the build and want to make sure that we keep a line of communication open.

Thanks to all who assisted in the QA and Focus testing we did over the weekend, this was the turning point for this issue! Without the players' cooperation and kind involvement, the issue would have taken much longer to identify.

Alley Oop and that_shawn_guy like this.
  8. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Decorating seems fixed, thank you all for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.