Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] POT Sionann - can't place lot marker or deco - town entrance is odd as well

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Cirsee, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

10/01/2018 17:46
    Title: can't place markers or deco and town entrance is not at the central as expected
    Reproduction Rate: 100 percent
    Blocker?
    Details: I can try and place markers, but then I can't pick them up or access any menu on them for access, deco can be placed and used, but it can't be moved. Upon exiting the zone from the main menu and re-entering all placed items vanish. Town does show my character as governor.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32727
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.842.Date.09.30.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Sionann
    Area Display Name: Sionann
    Loc: (108.6, 36.0, -134.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFNpb25hbm58KDEwOC41ODIsIDM2LjAwMSwgLTEzNC40MTYpfCgwLCAwLjI5MywgMCwgLTAuOTU2KXwtNjYuNTI2MTZ8MTUuNDc5NzF8NC43OTk4NTE=

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Cirsee Can you try again? I think this may be fixed.

3. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

@Serafina - I am also having this issue. I can place a lot marker - any lot marker - but then I cannot move it once it's been placed. (see details below)

*** FOUND IT! When I place a lot marker, "Enable Decoration Mode" is disabled***
    It also explains why I couldn't do anything on an alt account, since settings appear to be shared on the same computer, regardless of login.

10/04/2018 08:30
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes. If I don't have deeds with which to claim a placed lot, I'm unable place things in my town. I cannot remove items once placed. **Clarification: I was not able to place items after I placed a village lot, but once I claimed the lot, I could place items. I just couldn't remove them**

Details: Once I place a lot marker, it's no longer movable. I wasn't able to place anything in my town until AFTER I claimed the lot (in this case, a village lot), and then, once I claimed the lot, I could place items but could not remove them, even if they were on the lot and I own the lot. Items not on the lot are not removable, either. I can leave the map and everything will be as I left it, and I still cannot remove them. I even logged out and then logged back in and I cannot move items.

I have unclaimed the village lot and claimed it a few times. That is currently the only way to remove items that were placed on the lot.

I can place a house on the lot and change the house that's on the lot as well as revert it to an empty lot. I just cannot move items off the lot or any item placed in my map once I've put down a lot marker.

I placed a row lot, but couldn't claim it or remove it. I am still able to place items, but I cannot remove them or the lot markers.

I CAN create and destroy a gustball, however. :)

ETA: I got on an alt account and found I couldn't move any placed objects in my house. I could place objects and I could interact with them, but I couldn't move them or put them back in my inventory.

Making an alt account a steward has no impact on this issue, either.

Steps to Reproduce: 1
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 65426
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.844.Date.10.02.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Llanvier
    Area Display Name: Llanvier
    Loc: (269.6, 48.0, -299.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfExsYW52aWVyfCgyNjkuNTU3LCA0OC4wMDEsIC0yOTkuMDg5KXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgLTAuMDAxKXw1NDAuMTIxMnwyNC41ODk5OXwxLjI1

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

...it also doesn't explain why I could still place items but not remove them.

I'm just glad I was able to pick up all the stuff that I placed and the property markers that were scattered about. :)

5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Cirsee and @MelfromHell Could you go into Options, Interface, and make sure to Enable Decoration Mode?

6. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

I did. Prior to placing the lot marker, I had been decorating my town some and moving things around in my basement, so I know it was checked.

After placing the marker, I didn't think to check it, because I could still place items (after claiming the lot) but I couldn't pick them back up once they were placed, regardless of where I placed them - within the lot or in the town itself.

I finally decided to check and see if somehow Decoration Mode had become disabled, and sure enough, it had.

7. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Yes mine is working now Serafina.. thank you. I already had the deco mode enabled.

8. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Deco mode can be associated with a hotkey, I can't remember if it is by default or not. You can check your hotkey options to find it.

9. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

I will check to see if I have it set up with a hotkey...

I reset most of my hotkeys so they would match what I usually use in other games and I don't recall seeing one for that.

FWIW, all I did was drag out a marker and place it, and that's what started it. I felt it needed to be moved over a little bit and couldn't move it.

10. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

Okay..for me, deco mode is the home key. I don't know if that's the default setting, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hit it, and I don't know why it would still allow me to place things but not pick them back up. /shrug

It's working now, and if it happens again, at least I know how to deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.