Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Summary and example of stacking scaled items bug

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Summer Breeze, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

Hi all,

There are a few threads already on buggy stacking of scaled items.
    But none of them seems to address the problem as a whole: they all just mention certain items.

I investigated a bit and concluded it's not just certain items.
    Everything you stack upon any scaled item inherits the opposite scaling of the base item, in addition to its own scaling.
    So, if you put an unscaled item upon an upscaled base, the unscaled item appears as being scaled down.
    And if you scale the top item, it gets scaled ON TOP of the inherited scaling.

I made a stack of some potatoes I had at hand, with the bottom one scaled to smallest, next one up to largest, then smallest, largest...

The result:
    [​IMG]
    Yes, these are all just regular potatoes.
    And no, the character does not wear the new Faerie Belt to make her look smaller...

Please fix this!

There is a decorating contest going on! And contestants run into this bug, ruining their nice ideas!
    It also allows for 'exploits' (mini planting beds come to mind).

Note:
    Also shown in the picture is another (minor) bug/feature.
    There's 8 potatoes in the stack, which should be the limit for deco stacking. But the stack is on a rug, making for a 9th level. It seems like rugs (and pavers?) are not counted towards the deco stacking limit.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  2. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

Thanks for fixing this in patch 963!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.