1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Summoned Daemon's chaos bolt debuffs hardly scale at all

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by thesometimeslurker, Sep 24, 2021.

1. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

1. Title: The Summoned Daemon's chaos bolt debuffs hardly scale at all
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: No
    4. Details: The Summoned Daemon's Chaos Bolt debuffs hardly scale, and the only one of the debuffs that scales partially (or as intended, not sure) is the Fire Damage over Time. The stun, root, slow, and attunement swaps do not scale at all. Additionally, the durations of all the debuffs do not scale at all.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Step 1: Log into the game. Step 2: Enter a location where a summon skill can be used. Step 3: Summon the Daemon pet.. Step 4: Order the Daemon to attack a target. Step 5: Observe the daemon's chaos bolt and its debuffs not scaling (with the exception being the Fire DoT partially), as well as the duration of said debuffs not scaling either.
    6. User Specs: PC running Windows 10, 64 bit OS, Game Release 93

(Daemon's stats)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Durations are (I couldn't capture the full durations when taking a screenshot):
    9 seconds for the Attunement swaps
    4 seconds for the slow
    10 seconds for the Fire DoT
    1 second for the Stun
    around 1-2 seconds for the Root

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@thesometimeslurker as per our conversation yesterday, please provide more detail to explain what you are seeing. What is it hardly scaling against? Please provide the comparative in examples.

Also please note that if it is hardly scaling (as opposed to not scaling) then this may be subjective and as with the other report would need to be posed as a question through the AskADev process or posed in the wishlist as a desired change.

Anpu and thesometimeslurker like this.
  3. thesometimeslurker

Sure thing! Coming right up!

So the reason I've mentioned the Fire DoT hardly scales is that at level 128 Summon Daemon, level 115 Chaos spec, and 120 Trained Summoned Pet Damage, along with a food and potion buff, the daemon's Fire DoT only does about 4-8 damage (I think it starts at just 1 damage). I'm not sure if that is intended, so that's why I included it here.

All of the other effects just simply do not scale and are set at flat values: The attunement swaps never rise about -22 and +22 for their respective elements, the slow never goes above 25%, the root never goes above 100%, etc.

From level one to level 128 and with buffs, the nonDoT debuffs remain the same against all enemies. The same goes for the duration of all of the effects from the summoned daemon's chaos bolt.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  4. thesometimeslurker

1. Title: The Summoned Daemon's chaos bolt debuffs and damage hardly scale at all
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: No
    4. Details: The Summoned Daemon's Chaos Bolt debuffs and damage still hardly scale, and the only one of the debuffs that scales partially (or as intended, not sure) is the Fire Damage over Time. The stun, root, slow, and attunement swaps do not scale at all. Additionally, the durations of all the debuffs do not scale at all. Also, the attunement swap debuffs it inflicts don't seem to be doing anything.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Step 1: Log into the game. Step 2: Enter a location where a summon skill can be used. Step 3: Summon the Daemon pet.. Step 4: Order the Daemon to attack a target. Step 5: Observe the daemon's chaos bolt and its debuffs and damage not scaling (with the exception being the Fire DoT partially), as well as the duration of said debuffs not scaling either.
    6. User Specs: PC running Windows 10, 64 bit OS, Game Release 101

This is pretty ridiculous on how long this issue has gone on. My daemon has over 2k intelligence, my gear gives it a 117.3 summon level buff, and I have full offensive gear equipped on it. Its chaos bolt is still an absolute joke and this still hasn't been fixed. 140 Summon Daemon, 130 Train Summon passives, 120 Chaos spec and the most the chaos bolt does is 145 non-crit. I even asked a friend to record its average damage during an xp run and with the stats it has below, the disparity between its regular melee damage and its Daemon Chaos (Chaos bolt) is just appalling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified based on @DavidDC saying he'd look at it.

thesometimeslurker likes this.