Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fizzle sucks hard now

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by TarrNokk, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

mass and discipleofweb like this.
  2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I have not been on yet but I hope this fixes the issues. But a flat 5% doesn't seem like it will be enough when it really just needs a reduction to the movement penalty

FrostII likes this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Lighting from 22 to 17

CL from 21 to 16

Ring of Fire from 39.4 to 34.4

I wouls say the change is notable. Tbh I'm not sure if the fix is good, chain/plate users should get a big hit to fizzles, even those using the OP combo of chain chest + cloth pieces (this needs a fix tbh).

4. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I wish the devs would chime in and say what there target was for this. I thought originally they were going to re-look at a few armor types and adjust a little not just a worthless 5%. If I knew where it would end up maybe I would take the time to make a wand and go spear with wand in off hand. Or switch over to bludgeons and duel wand.

Caster in light armor (Leather)/Polarms with 70 in follow through.

Level 2 (Yes 2nd Level Spell) Dash spell:
    94% standing still. Seems fine
    65% moving? A 29% Drop!!!

Level 3 Blink:
    78% Standing still
    49% moving? A 29% Drop!!!

Level 3 Lightning:
    84% standing still
    55% moving? Again 29% wtf!!

Taking my halberd off:
    99% standing still
    70% moving? Still 29%

I can live with these changes if they tell me this is how it is going to be, I'll have to switch out of my favorite weopon and play something I find less enjoyable.

I find myself just walking away more with Fizzle and Focus Regen how they are. Game crashed and really not too concerned about getting back in.

Numa likes this.
  5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I still don't think just overall he's heavy he shouldn't be able to cast xyz makes sense. I think it should be on a spell by spell basis. Like melee classes who wear heavy plate still need spells like ignite weapon or fist attacks, and to a lesser extent things like immolation. Spells that effectively hold aggro. Having high fizzle rates on stuff like that really limits what a tank class can do, and in turn endangers the party... can get around it by making it not just a self buff.

Real healers will need heavy armor as they can also generate a lot of aggro... being a light armor class doesn't make sense, especially with how hard it is to hold aggro. This can be addressed by making things like taunt (actually work) and earthquake be a 100% hate generator.

There is just not enough way for melee/tank classes to generate hate right now.

Also heavy armor life casters better known as paladins, should be able to cast banish undead spells with no fizzle etc. Lengthen the cool down or whatever, but stop just penalizing based on armor. Make it a spell by spell basis and think of all the different ways people will want to play and scenarios they will face.

Numa likes this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'll match your figures with that of my own character later. My highest level spells are tier-3 so the data should give a good idea of what a lower level avatar faces fizzle-wise in a cloth & leather armor.

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

Agree on all points including paladins being able to banish undead. A thought just occurred to me while reading your post that since the Lunar tree needs a boost perhaps a spell that reduces fizle rate at night and when the moon is up would be a nice and very welcome touch.

8. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

After spending some time reviewing negatives, here's what we have:
    Movement is a flat: 29% penalty
    One hand weopon: 0% change
    One weopon in both hands: 14.5% penalty
    One weopon and shield: 29% penalty
    Two handed weopon: 14.5% penalty
    One hand weopon and wand in off hand: 7.5% Boost (no ideas why... thought it would be +15 then -14.5 for a +.5 difference)

Personnaly I think the movement penalty should scale based on tier. Tier 1 - 5% and raise 5% per level. This would be more in line with the easier spells really taking less concentration to cast. As a first level spell you should be able to cast in your sleep when you high enough.

I think the weopon negatives are in the right place but right now compounded with movement make for a hefty penalty. 58% penalty for a shield user moving base and 43.5% for a two handed weopon moving,base.

i have not tested the armo for these impacts, I use leather but it seems the armor has less of an impact on fizzle than the movement and weopon you use and I think that is backward.

9. Beli

Beli Avatar

[​IMG]

Barugon, Budner and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.