Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fizzling a locked Charged Spell - Overly Punitive

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Trihugger, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This is a repost from the night before we went live:

@Attenwood
    So as it stands (or at least as it stood at 9 PM PST last night) if you fizzle the spell you have to recharge the whole thing from scratch. With it like so, I feel like the feature has much more limited mileage for heavy armor setups which is unfortunate.

Is there a way we could make it so if you fizzle the spell you retain your stacks so long as you don't use any other abilities in the mean time? I don't want to *game* the system in any way but at the same time the consequences for fizzling the charged spell seem overly punitive and makes gear determine if you can use this feature (which goes against the precedent in place).

I really like this feature and hope a tweak can be added to allow everyone to make full use of it instead of only certain gear-setup play styles.

@Lord Ravnos - You mentioned that this could be an intended penalty for wearing heavy armor. My hope is that this charging stacking is intended to mirror loose card stacking. If it is, when you fizzle a spell that you stacked up from unlocked cards, you do not lose your stacks, you just try and re-cast it with however many stacks it already had.

Basically I feel like this more than *double dips* the fizzle penalty for heavy armor.

2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Stacks take a lot more skill/time/effort in unlocked glyph mode to stack in the first place though. Locked glyphs you barely even have to use your fingers, let alone your eyes :p

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not true. Holding down a skill hotkey while simultaneously manipulating movement keys is just as difficult, if not more so, than stacking from an unlocked deck.

4. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

I feel you @Trihugger however this is Shroud of the Mage and Archer it is not by any stretch friendly to melee and certainly not plate wearers despite what the people here or developers tell you.... plate wearing playstyle has been ignored for a very long time and I dont expect it to change for a very long time.....I agree the fizzle is overly punative but because it deals with plate as with the other problems plate has.... the developers dont care

5. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Hmm, when I tried the new locked stacking hold finger down... it seems way easier to me, but maybe because I tend to use 9 unlocked glyphs to begin with, haha. So many playstyles, so many choices, what a great combat system :D

6. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Easier or not, the question here is intent. If they *intend* for charge stacking to be equivalent to drawn card stacking, something needs to change with fizzling removing all the charged glyph stacks.

7. Odyssey2002

Odyssey2002 Avatar

I am a leather user. and with 80 in all relevant skill that pertain to casting. I can fizzle sometime at 3-5 times on ring of fire.. and many other skills as well. With the hold down system it makes it impracticable in live PVE combat.
    I tried it and it just does not cut it for combat at the moment... They need to tweek it... to make playable in for skills that can fizzle often so that other play styles other that cloth can use and take full advantage of this new system..

I use it only to buff up before combat ( I have a buff deck for this very reason )..Thats all I use it for at the moment..

Trihugger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.