Flagged/brand new and loving it!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Robby, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

So yea I turned off the oracles protection. I'm almost freshly new(even though I backed the game 5 years ago) and hardly have any of my skills trained. I haven't done any more difficult than tier one in the soltown catacombs I struggle against the skeleton mage in east perriniel. I'm loving this though, wandering around questing while flagged for pvp. I'm told I get an exp bonus? So many people just want to wait till they max out their skills... Booooring...
    You max out skills quicker flagged anyways right? Sure you might get bonked here and there... but whatever.
    I guess my main reason for this post is seeing if anyone has been doing this same thing, flagging for pvp right at character creation. And perhaps maybe want to party up? Strength in numbers they say.. I already got a few items that are being ransomed :( if I just had a party I might have been better off who knows.
    When I party up I prefer people around my lvl.. Nothing is more immersion breaking than when you got a maxed out godly player character crushing all your enemies and quests for ya while you sit back.
    Looking for fellow new players like myself who enjoy a dangerous game....and perhaps getting into mischief >=-)

Numa, Sean Silverfoot, By Tor and 6 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

A tip for a low level PvP mischief type. Try getting some stealth and pickpocket to 40 then 60.
    This since veterans will outclass you in combat for a longish while - but catch em off guard and with a minor investment in 3-4 skills you can still rob them blind sometimes with pickpocket.

Like say around crafting stations or skill trainers and such.

Especially if you have cheaper gear than they do. Then even if you get caught and killed you might end up owning more ransom than you owe.

We had someone before who has since left the game but that played a thief. He used to hide on top of things like balconies and rooftops and tree branches close to crafting or trainers.
    This since most check around but not up and if caught he usually could get away.

Best of luck and happy hunting

Spoon

Numa, Feeyo, By Tor and 1 other person like this.
  3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Welcome Robby! Ill be starting a new, anti - virtuous thief soon so if you want to team up, just give me a pm!

4. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Whenever they start the multiple characters per account (since I only have 1 account right now)... I sooo want to do that. Start the game with PvP on.

By Tor likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And remember you cannot have one virtuous and one not on the same account. They share reputation. You may know that but just in case. ;)

By Tor likes this.
  6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Yes, sadly I just found out what majoria pointed out. Your second character has the same virtue as your first. Sigh. So it looks like a second account is the only option.

7. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Ah good to know! Thank you! I'm not too worried about the whole virtue thing. Bad, Good, - samething to me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.