for the last month every time I go to shroudoftheavatar.com it says Shroud of the Avatar is offline

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kelly O'Shay, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

It is not going to increase the player base to always say you are offline, when you clearly are not offline! Please get your web people to fix the main web site for Shroudoftheavatar.com so it doesn't always say Shroud of the Avatar is offline! Some people believe what they read and they might stop researching this new interesting game right then. I mean, if it is always offline, why should I spend any time checking it out!

[​IMG]

Tirrag, Elgarion, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Kelly O'Shay, there's nothing broken to fix. that box is an embedding of the twitch stream, which is usually offline. game server status shows online in green in the lower right. the only way to remove the twitch offline message would be to either stream constantly on the official twitch channel or remove the embed. moving to feedback.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

A suggestion, just put an image there instead of the shroud twitch video link?

It does look a bit odd going to the official site then selecting Updates and seeing that. Add a second section, check our streams, then put the twitch video link there.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, optics.

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

If I were a person looking to play our game and saw this message, I may assume that the entire game was offline and therefore unplayable or abandon, or in other words, "maybe not worth my time investigating any further".

It makes a very bad welcome to our game.
    [​IMG]

The Space Adventure Pinball tab does seem a more inviting option in this example :cool: @Kelly O'Shay :D~
    Time Lord~

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i have to agree as well. big middle message offline, small side message servers online. eyes naturally gravitate to the big middle and dont realize its talking about twitch.

i believe the offline image is controlled in the twitch settings so a new updated image may help. here is one reference i found:

https://www.xbitlabs.com/how-to-change-the-offline-screen-on-twitch/

Time Lord, Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

cc: @Elgarion, @Chris

Kelly O'Shay, Time Lord and Elgarion like this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Gave it some lovin, thanks for spotting the issue and bringing it to our attention :) We'll just post our latest video there for now.

9. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Believe this or not , I talked a friend of mine into playing ,he does not play on line games this would be his first , he downloaded the game and installed it , but went back to the website and saw this called me on Sunday ,two days after installing the game . Asked me why the game was still off line . so yes this is a slight problem , and no he can not play either his machine will not handle the graphics .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.