Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

For the love of all things holy please ease up on the Earth Elemental respawn rates in Mines

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Macius34, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macius34

Macius34 Avatar

I know not everyone does, but I actually enjoy mining. It earns me a crust and after a few hours each run down the mines I feel I have earned whatever I make. That is, I used to enjoy it. Now with the group spawn on the earth elementals and their god awful, migraine (seriously) inducing earth shake every second, it is a complete chore. I can (just about) still survive the wave after wave of relentless elementals but mining is no fun and it takes four times as long to mine a decent amount. I don't want easy, but please just ease the spawning back a bit so that mining remains a viable experience. Or at least replace the elemental with another monster that does not shake the screen every bloomin second. (Just not the mesmerising fauns. I actually hate them more) Games should not induce stress. That's what real life work is for :)

Nietzsche, uhop, Nolove 0369 and 7 others like this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Yeah i think Starr said they would bring back that old option to disable the screen shake, it really does make people not feel well after a while.

uhop and Nolove 0369 like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I fully agree. I gave it some time so that I could test it out first but it's really no fun to be fighting a couple of mages only to have three archers appear out of nowhere when my health is critically low. I vote for the R33 spawn scheme.

Nolove 0369, Retro and Xandra7 like this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I agree. The R-33 spawn rate was about right. Now it is pretty much impossible to complete a meticulous cycle without another one or three popping up. Can I add that the fauns frequently decide to protect the Kobalds and elementals which makes things a little more dicey.

5. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Absolutely agree. @Chris, can you please address this, or at least make a comment on Port's position? The spawn rate is murderous.

Nolove 0369, Xandra7 and Retro like this.
  6. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

I agree. The dev's said at the start that they would never force us to play the way we do not like to. But for crafters we have to become way better killers and the adventurers have to craft to make thier own gear because gold is in short supply. When does this commitment of thier come in?

Nolove 0369 and Xandra7 like this.
  7. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Spawn rate would be cool to fall half-way between R33 and R34. I'd like to see "aggro range" reduced a bit though. It's not usually the three or four newly popped spawns that bug me. It is the fact that everything within viewing distance comes a running. More realistic perhaps, but you either end up fighting armies and having nothing else around for a moment or fights are well balanced but zones are sparsely populated.

Nolove 0369, moko and Kirran like this.
  8. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.