1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Forced Connection Exploits

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

it's. an adventure (?)

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Besides not even being on the topic of this thread... possibly related I suppose...

I want to know how his client was kept active for 1.4 hours if he was afk when the timeout is 1 hour. Botting and died? What kind of idiot gets spawned camped for 1.4 hours and does nothing about it..?

Log out
    Zone out
    Respawn at a different ankh
    Fight back
    Flee
    Call in friends for help
    Screenshots/video?

anything...?

3. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Depending on your connection it could be impossible to do just 1 step while one in bloodrage is spawn camping...

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If this explanation is true then this -:rolleyes:

Is a complete failure to actually deal with the issue.:confused::mad:

You guys need to stop pussy footing around with players who are clearly violating the TOS and EULA and ban them out right.

ITYS about not doing the right hard thing at least 4 times in the past and all you do is the exact same thing.:(

Is it any wondero_O players are just abusing the hell out of the systems and creating caps in Exp/skills/training/resources/economy that is already occurring.:eek:

Every time you do this, you do ABSOLUTLY nothing but give them another warning.:oops:

Net, Oba Evesor, Solazur and 2 others like this.
  5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Keep in mind that I'm just another player and my statements are entirely my own observations and plausible theories on the matter. There may be more or less to it or I may be entirely wrong (But I wouldn't have posted if I didn't have a high degree of confidence in what I said).

LoneStranger likes this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

You sound right enough. I said earlier i know we desynced and screwed with the mobs before without realizing.
    That being said, r38 to fix.. means im off for a month then :/ i also think the desync ties in with the ranged issue.
    Oh well hopefully they sort out most of it before 38.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm sure there are some other things you could do in game. Otherwise, there is still daily forum PvP to participate.

Spoon likes this.
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

And THAT is usually all the difference in the world.

Intent.

Forced abuse of the flaw in the game is what it's all about.

If **** hits the fan and you have to do what you have to do in the meantime, so be it.
    If you are making it happen so that you can use it as a tool.... well you know...

MrBlight likes this.
  9. Stoffel of Ratel

Stoffel of Ratel Avatar

I posted in this thread because I wasn't sure exactly what happened. Last I recall I was on the overland map near Kingsport and logged back into the game with all my gear missing and my inventory completely looted. You gave my gear and arrows back. Thanks. I must've entered DR then got distracted IRL. I looked at my combat log and my character was in the game for 1.4 hours being res killed and stolen from by you, thought it was odd that my character hadn't timed out earlier than that considering I was AFK the entire time.

10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Quite possible that something in the pickpocket process is resetting the target's idle timeout. Maybe the server does some kind of check to the client and wrongly considers that a player action.

11. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

It did not time out because every time i put you into combat by killing you the timer is reset

12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This.

John Markus and Lesni like this.
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

If that were the case, then he should never have timed out until an hour after the last pp/resetting interaction. So did it take .4 hrs to dry loot him? His statement suggests that he was being killed and looted for the entire 1.4 hrs.

Either something was keeping him in the game/preventing idle timeout and he was only assaulted for .4 hours (and his statement is wrong) or he was assaulted for the entire 1.4 hours and something else kept him from idling-out at the 1 hour mark or he was assaulted for 1.4 hours while afk for 2.4 hours (1 hour to time out after last assault/timer reset incident).

Accuracy and details matter.

While I am greatly amused at this scenario because of the involved parties, I would also like to understand exactly how and what went down.

An excerpt from the log starting 10 minutes before the first incident until at least 10 after (if it exists) would be great. And the only way to prove the theft was related to FCE would be to have a video showing no one near you the entire time you were getting robbed (at least from us players' end). In my experience, stealthed players have always been detectable to a sharp eye. You cannot target them, but you can see them and break their stealth with attacks or other skills if you notice them (or simply get lucky). SOTA stealth isn't like WoW perfect stealth and then you see them when they get so close, thank the stars for that.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    MrBlight likes this.
  14. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Giggle, has nothing to do with pick pocketing. He was in combat cause i put him in it.

You afk you reak the benefits of it, plain and simple.

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I would imagine you are not alone with the "see ya when you fix it" sentiment. I do know that @BurningToad said (discord general channel 12:58PM) that they were actively working to fix some issue and get a patch out tomorrow.
    He did not specifically mention "desynch" however and went on to say it wasn't certain they could have all the current issues fixed by then. I must say it was welcome to finally hear something from the crew that sounded somewhat positive.
    Maybe it's just me but it's felt like the attitude was more like 'suck it up.. we'll get to it" thing. SMH I just don't get it sometimes...

MrBlight and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so the real explanation is out - the problem is the game was allowing for players to possibly keep a player "Focred to stay connected"

After a time or two any descent player would realize that the target is either logged out or lagged out and should stop.

This is a problem with; one - the game since it shows a flaw, but two and more poignantly the PvP mentality, the one that causes players to just tell PvPers ,in general, to get bent and go play another game.

Port if you saw this happening and are addressing it after the fact, the explanation as to how should have been covered not fished out from reading forums.

That ambiguity, is why you are drawing criticism on the boards. and if the violator has any strikes for any other type of exploit, no warning should be needed.

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No, as usual, you didn't.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

If this is actually what they meant by FCE, I'd be laughing so hard. VERY cryptic description indeed and no way of knowing that you are 'forcibly keeping someone connected', when they went afk, when they should have dropped out, IF they are even afk or just standing there idle, etc., etc.

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol . Un supported shot to pvp!
    How do u know the main issue wasnt people killen bosses using the example i set? You instantly assume its pvp players deliberatly griefing?
    Ive killed players outa desync. Didnt realize till after. Am i a griefer?
    Stop relating anything to pvp weins untill you actully do it regularily.

As for other guy ( cant quote mobile. ) i agree. I try to give the devs as much confidence asi can and its a hell of a relief to get a answer on discord after blasting them about the issue.. but there seems to be a widdening gap between devs and players... where more and more issues especiallu long term, seem to be gettig left unanswered. Could just be me, but even the general feeling ive gotten from talken to long term backers is a waneing confidence.
    Theres quite a few major road steps they need to acknowledge what they plan yo do i think. Most to all seems to be player speculation.

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

One advice, though it will possibly get me moderated: never ever listen to weins.
    Listen to everybody, be it white knight or hater, but not weins.

Sean Silverfoot and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.