1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Forum moderation update on hidden posts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi forum posters!

I wanted to update you all on an improvement in our communication to those who have posts affected by moderation. To clarify a few things first on current moderation methods. Threads/posts are never permanently deleted. They are also always followed up with a message to the poster on why it was removed or altered.

Today we have made an adjustment to how we handle these types of removed or adjusted posts. A series of moderation commands have been implemented in the forums that will allow us to "hide" a post, and if it's your own post, you will still be able to see that post for reference to our notifying you of the action.

This change should help to ensure clarity and transparency to you on whey we moderate certain posts. You can get additional details here. Related, I would like to remind everyone again that thankfully moderation occurs fairly infrequent, thanks to the outstanding community we have in keeping discussions in check :).

If anyone has any questions on moderation policies or anything related to communicating in the forums, game, and chat, please send me a PM. I would be happy to clarify!

Thanks all,
    Berek

John Markus, Diminio, By Tor and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.