Free Alternative to Photoshop for your guild/group poster creation

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Lace, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

I have like a photoshop elements 11 or some such forever license I got years back to make well a Pat Benatar comic book LOL. (She actually does have this and it travels on the road or did for a few years in her dressing wardrobe, haven't checked on it last year but I know they loved it for years) ... but anyway it was my first foray into doing something a bit more than paint that comes on most windows systems.

I am no expert like some, but it has served my purposes for doing some of the screenshots with overlaid lettering for events that I have posted. The issue is, my license is only for 2 machines and well I have a lot more than 2 machines meaning I may do the shot on a good gaming pc, but the software is on another, or I retire one and if I don't deactivate the license first I have to go through this whole cs issue with adobe. PITA.

Couple weeks ago me and my devs while working on a product with some graphics from marketing needed to tweak some stuff, and I was like let me go back to my home machine and tweak it .. and one of my guys goes oh I got something like photoshop but free. He showed me Paint.Net.

Now you can buy this from the windows 10 store (which is nice idea to support the devs for 4.99, versus hundreds of dollars for adobe)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/paintnet/9nbhcs1lx4r0

Additionally you can get it for free from (CLICK UPPER RIGHT AREA NOT THE SPAM AREA)
    https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

The keybindings are not the same as photoshop but you have HUGE functionality for free or 5 bucks.

This is not meant as an advertisement, just showing you a tool you folks may find useful for your guild events or lol meme creation.

Hazard, Fei Akhart and Fiero Steele like this.
  2. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Nice, all my uploaded pic's have also been trimmed and tweaked with paint.net, love it and have been using is as my only editor for the last 3 years :)

Lace likes this.
  3. eli

eli Avatar

Alley Oop, Hazard, Lace and 2 others like this.
  4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I like Gimp too. It is just as powerful as Photoshop and completely free. Steep learning curve, however and will take some getting used to for PS natives like myself.

eli, Alley Oop, Lace and 1 other person like this.
  5. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

As a suggestion, there's also a great site that I found recently too. Photo editor online: PIXLR (https://pixlr.com/)

It helps me a lot! :)

DJ Alleine Dragonfyre and Lace like this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Been using gimp for years. It's a very powerful program. You can get lost using it. Often I've jumped to youtube to help me figure out it's options. Soo much power :D

eli, Alley Oop, Lace and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.