Free Attack and Deck questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Tyrir Lux, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrir Lux

Tyrir Lux Avatar

1) The description in game suggests you can free attack the regular attack by holding down the mouse button, but that doesn't appear to work. I can free attack some skills by holding down its hotkey, but it doesn't work for regular attacks

2) How do you free attack unlocked skills within a deck?

3) How do you combo locked skills?

4) Is there any downside to having gray (disabled) cards in your deck (besides the obvious that it won't be drawn during combat)? If there aren't any downsides, it would seem like you can have a deck of exactly 10 constantly rotating cards without any slugs by filling in the remaining necessary cards with disabled cards to meet the min count requirement.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

1) Free attack means you can click to attack with a basic attack. For example, as a swordsman, if you click, you will do a single sword attack, or as an archer you shoot a single arrow per click. If you click and hold, with free attack on, you should see a charging bar that charges your attack for more damage/strength then release when it's full to attack. Auto attack/free attack is toggled on or off with the 'T' key I believe.

2) you don't. free attack is simply a single attack (swing, shot) of your weapon per click but can be charged as described above if you so desire.

3) you don't. That's part of the benefit of using unlocked slots

4) the downside is, those cards can still be 'drawn' but won't show up because the card is unavailable. In other words, if you have 10 grey cards in your deck, the odds of getting one of the 10 cards you actually want is 1 in 20, not 1 in 10. The grey card would have the same effect as a slug, just not show up in your combat bar making it seem like your cards are drawing really really slow.

That's my best answer at this time of night(morning) to your questions. Someone will surely correct me if i'm wrong.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@greenapple2

In addition to what is said above there is a toggle in the settings switching between Auto-attack and Free-attack.

Also if you have a locked glyph in the hotbar, then if you have high skill holding down the glyph will stack the attack and increase the effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.