Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Free attack change

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Mortanius, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I got to play for a few hours today. You folks at Portalarium are rocking it! I am so glad to be part of this experience. I had a strong sense of nostalgia answering the questions, and going through the houses able to read all the books on a shelf in the first war struck scene. I was grabbing plates and spices, excited about the thought of collecting items to decorate my humble abode. The ONLY thing that changed that I didn't like was the light emanating from my hands when I was charging my attacks. It looked funky; I don't think it belongs. That's just my opinion; maybe everyone else likes it?

Also, why are the production/ combat skill bars still there? They don't seem to inform me of anything... I never see progression. I believe this might have been answered before.

Thanks. Happy early Halloween; I hope y'all enjoy the weekend.

Katrina Bekers and HokageFont like this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

They were re-added (they did actually go away for one release) to allow users to view the values in the global pools.

You are right, in that having them as a bar doesn't really make any sort of sense, since there is no *maximum* you are attempting to achieve.

They are simply there to let you know that there are indeed points waiting to be allocated to skills. :)

Mac R likes this.
  3. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Ah, yes. This is the thing that confuses me. Are using skills the only way to level them up? Are are you saying that I have left over experience/ points to allocate to a skill? I don't understand the "global pools" concept. Thanks.

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

When you kill a creature or craft an object, a set amount of experience is added to your global pools. This is the same process as happened before the use-based system.

Under use-based, every time you use a specific skill, a percentage of your global pool is allocated to that skill.

For the lower skill levels, that percentage is generally lower than the experience you received for the kill, so you'll be left over with a excess. So for now, you'll probably see your global pool constantly increasing.

Once you start working on the higher skill levels though, that will change, and you will need to find higher experience creatures/crafts to ensure a steady supply of new experience to allocate. :)

5. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to explain. :)

Duke Raas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.