Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Free attack charge button state resets to "not charging" after every glyph use

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by helm, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helm

helm Avatar

5/4/2016 9:47 PM
    Title: Free attack charge button state resets to "not charging" after every glyph use
    Reproduction Rate: Always
    Blocker? No
    Details: Before patch 410, free attack charge button worked with glyphs, so that it would not require additional release-press cycle of the button after every glyph use. This is a problem especially with high DPI fingertip grip mouse wielders. For more detailed information, see the feedback thread about the issue.
    Steps to Reproduce: Use free attack with glyphs
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 15967
    GPU: GeForce GTX 870M/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 1024 (reported incorrectly, is 3GB)
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.412.Date.05.03.16
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_01
    Loc: (162.3, 24.9, -43.4)

2. helm

helm Avatar

Quoting from that thread linked above:
    Not fixed in 412, 413, or 414.

UI ergonomics aside, here's another (I think rather common) thing this bug does:

As an archer with decent range bonuses, I often stack an attack against powerful enemies from quite a distance, usually starting with a fully charged attack immediately followed by a glyph, usually some kind of slowdown, sometimes being able to considerably soften up the enemy before I need to run (esp. if getting a crit from the charged). As luck would often have it, when charging the attack I spot a nice buff in my unlocked deck (for example Air's Embrace) . Because of this bug (and because free attacks are launched with a button release rather a than button click) if I have already started charging, I can't take the glyph. Why? Because that would leave me with an uncharged weak attack with no good way to get rid of it. Shooting a weak shot anyway totally spoils the surprise factor, no. Shooting it away behind me will likely aggravate another monster, especially due to my range bonuses, no. Entering noncombat mode and losing all the stacking, no. This happens quite often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.