Free Trial Users Feedback Copy / as they can´t post it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I understand a lot of the Steam players hate. I would totally be on the 60fps or GTFO bandwagon if I didn't love the team but that has about as much weight of "my mommy thinks I'm a good game developer." :(

2. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

I enjoy the deck system too. Just that most of my attention will be on the bars while my peripheral vision scans the rest of the screen when playing instead of the the other way around when I play other games. :D

You can combine glyphs by just holding on to the first hot key and pressing the 2nd right? so just group up your combo hot keys closer to one another and that'll require less finger gymnastics.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Selenia

Selenia Avatar

Hmmm. I don't know. I thought you had to press "R".

4. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

There is an option to stack without the use of a dedicated combo button

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

If I could lock my deck and it be just as good as non locked I would have locked mine a long time ago. Being that it's just better to have a non-locked deck and it's to ones advantage to do so, I have to use it, sort of forced to, even though I loathe it. I've never been particularly fond of the tediousness and distracting nature of it either. Perhaps locked decks can get some love to it so that we have a real choice between the two, I'm no dev but since you are :) maybe you have some ideas that could help for those that would like to play locked decks and feel it's on par or at least somewhat as effective as non locked decks. I hope once the system itself is fully fleshed out that the choice to use locked decks will be just as enticing as the non-locked decks so that I can switch over and everyone has a choice that we all feel is fun to play with for our playstyles. I know there's still much to be done, so I look forward to seeing how it ends up.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Kaisa, Elwyn and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  6. mercster

mercster Avatar

I think when @portalarium does the Free Trials, there NEEDS to be a "Free Trial" section of the forums that they can use to ask questions, give feedback, etc. Not being able to post in the forums with a money wall is going to leave an extremely bad taste in peoples' mouths.

I love the deck system, and I'm not even a hardcore player. In most MMOs you have to look at the bar anyway, right? To see when your timeouts are up. I think the bar gives a lot of specialization and customization to combat. The only MMO I've played where I really don't look at the bar is Elder Scrolls Online, and it is more of an action-type combat system.

Matt Harris and Spoon like this.
  7. mercster

mercster Avatar

Absolutely not...just hit the two numbers of the glyphs at the same time. Much better than the R method!

Selenia likes this.
  8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Can also drag them around with your mouse.

9. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Just want to point out a couple things in regards to this statement, and in regards to your attitude towards combat.

1. I am probably considered a 'high end' player, I've been with the game since the KS. I use the deck system, but I don't like it. It is absolutely the worst combat system of any game that I've played. I use it because it is the most effective way to play in the current game. Using a locked bar just puts you at too much of a disadvantage. That does not make the unlocked, randomized deck system fun, it just makes it the best option of a couple bad options.

2. I have a rather large guild (I think somewhere around 60 players now), and I have not seen anyone actually praise the combat/deck system in this game. At best, people tolerate it. However, again, everyone uses it because to not use it puts them at a great disadvantage.

3. One of the most consistent topics of feedback all the way from release 7 or 8 has been the combat system. I am just one of many people who made posts in those early releases about how lacking the combat system was/is. You guys have literally had constant negative feedback about this combat system since 2013. So please don't insult our collective intelligence by pretending that it is some universally liked system by all players past a certain level. It is a terrible system and is used purely out of necessity.

We as backers were always told that if a system was not fun, it would be scrapped and changed. Historically, so far, I have not seen a single example of that philosophy being applied, and any system that you (the devs) have decided on including has been here to stay, regardless of feedback or fun. The combat system is a perfect example of that, being heavily disliked and criticized since the concept was introduced to us, through it's inclusion in the game, and through all the negative feedback both here and literally every other site/forum that discusses the game, and yet largely unchanged from your (the devs) original vision and plan to put it in.

Sargon, Kaisa, Ice Queen and 6 others like this.
  10. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I think focusing on the white locked deck versions instead of random might solve a lot of issues people have with the current system, and might ease players into a more deck orientated system. Also the deck size should be limited, and the number of schools within a deck. We can debate about the passives here.. but IMHO this solves a lot of issues... From players not being able to watch their hotbar AND the combat at the same time to the frustration some casual players have that they never can get at least close to the top tier players.

Remove the randomness of it. Allow people to stack and combo with white locked skills. Adjust the CD penalties properly.

11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Just some comments:
    -I knew there was a reason I stopped reading the steam reviews/forums...
    -AMD, that explains alot...

12. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Steam has just updated (again) their review scoring system. I'm not sure if this will have a positive or negative impact on user scores.

Changes To The Review Score

As a result of this, we are making some changes to how review scores are calculated. As of today, the recent and overall review scores we show at the top of a product page will no longer include reviews written by customers that activated the game through a Steam product key.

Customers that received the game from a source outside of Steam (e.g. via a giveaway site, purchased from another digital or retail store, or received for testing purposes from the developer) will still be able to write a review of the game on Steam to share their experience. These reviews will still be visible on the store page, but they will no longer contribute to the score.

Here is the link for the full explanation

http://store.steampowered.com/news/24155/

Ice Queen and Deliverence like this.
  13. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

That is a change from six months ago...it already impacted scoring.

14. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I find it extraordinary that such a volume of people can loathe the combat system (that's loathe, folks, not just have a minor issue with it), and yet it just sails along, incomprehensible to newbies as ever.

The system might sound clever on paper, but in practice it's not fun to play -- your eyes are off the screen -- and it's actually quite complex to teach to people properly. It's not an example of good design at all.

Kaisa, Ice Queen and Azzamean like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I only hear like three or four very loud people on these forums continually complain about the combat system. I personally very much like it.

16. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

There are not only many many people who have given criticisms, concerns, and suggestions to improve it on these forums ever since release 7 or 8 when it was first implemented, but it is also by far the most common complaint of new and veteran players on every single platform outside these official forums.

I very much accept that some people like it and you are not wrong by any means to enjoy it, but for a pretty overwhelming majority of people that try it, it is just not a fun system.

GrayFog, Ice Queen, Azzamean and 2 others like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Generally, people who are happy with something don't speak out about it, because they're satisfied with it. Saying that the "overwhelming majority" are unhappy with it is a pretty extreme exaggeration.

18. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

It is not an exagerration and you can very easily go outside these forums and see that it is the number one complaint made about the game in any other platform that the game is discussed.

Even on these forums, go back through the archives to releases 8 through 13 or so when the system was first being put in and you can see how many people were against it right from the start.

Again, there are people that enjoy it and that's cool, but there's simply no denying it's the number one complaint about the game.

Edit: i dont want to derail the thread further and my point was not to just be here bashing things, but if you want to continue the conversation or look at examples or anything feel free to pm me

GrayFog, Ice Queen, Azzamean and 2 others like this.
  19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You have to be careful with that. When dragging unlocked locked glyphs, it ends up swapping them, which is real fun when suddenly you realize that the glyph you are trying to use isn't on the key you thought it was.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  20. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Those unhappy with the combat system will leave, or more likely around have have left, the game. It's worse than Morrowind's combat and SotA doesn't have the chops to deliver the kind of story that saved Morrowind from obscurity.

Kaisa and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.