Frequency and timing of replenishing items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cirsee, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The new fireworks will be correctly dispensing at the start of the month or we'll all be unhappy because that's why we bought them.

The old fireworks never gave fireworks except once every cataclysm or two, which is why I never bought other fireworks until just now, when I found out the new ones will come once a month.

The old fireworks were reported, and maybe they'll start working more frequently now. And proud we are of all of them.

This will be good for Port because buying fireworks is a legitimate thing now. This will be good for us, because we won't horde precious "once in a cataclysm" fireworks anymore, and will blow them off every time someone makes a good pot of tea!

2. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Actually, it isn't pointless, since my perception of "rudeness" is often described by others as merely "bluntness"" and that I'm too hard on myself. So, I often caveat my responses for those that may perceive it as rude and not blunt. I cover both bases with prose and text since it lacks other contextual signals like body language and facial expressions. Hope that is easy to comprehend. Cheers.

Back to the original point, again, the screenshot still doesn't warrant the asinine car analogy since it simply isn't comparative nor applicable, nor your distorted perception of CRM. I just turned 40, and I'm sorry because not sure if you've ever called customer support, but in my 30+ years of doing so [and having audited CRM programs for clients] I have come to learn that any customer support representative and community manager is using the best information they have at the time, in a dynamic and fast pace, changing environment --- asking the first person available or leveraging an internal knowledge base that may not have the most recent information. This has happened most recently with me calling in to get my cable box rebooted remotely, when I first got my 65"4K TV and had to deal with Sony reps that were working with knowledge base information for the previous year's model; dealing with GrubHub on missing items on my order, etc. So sorry if I say thou doth protest too much and come across as obnoxious over an in-game vanity item.

On top of that, given the design philosophy of Shroud that thankfully refuses to spoon feed individuals, I really don't understand the great travesty or problem with "figuring out the replenishing stuff" on your own based on the seasonal information hint Lexi provided. I don't expect snowballs any other time except winter; I expect fireworks on global holidays (Sir G's birthday, Gregorian New Year, Chinese New Year) and I'm sorry, just see you raising a stink and creating unnecessary drama with a cool rep about an honest mistake and simply wrong answer about the replenishing items. Which is just absurd drama for the sake of drama.

To each his own.
    [​IMG]

I'm done. *taps out*

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    LoneStranger and Alley Oop like this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Yea, it would be cool if they revisited the loot chart for this item. Maybe half the time it gives you something worth 1-25gp, and the item chances/rarity ramp up with the higher end being a small chance for an obsidian potion or something.

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Psst, hey kid... http://sotawiki.net/sota/Category:Replenishing_Items
    I've been working on that for a while. But the really important thing is that I added the category so that all the items can be found on one page.

I expect the fireworks and cake to be July, December, and maybe January. I was sure I saw them replenish in February, which got me complacently expecting every month.
    Snowball boxes are specifically December.

Rentier and Lace like this.
  5. Lace

Lace Avatar

I bought some of the first 'replenishing' fireworks boxes assuming it was a monthly thing, they didn't referesh for months at a time perhaps longer. I stopped buying things that don't explicitly say what they are providing because of this. While I know snowball boxes and some others are yearly, I feel it is misleading to sell so called replenishing items without setting customer expectations.

Not meaning to inflame but the (its meant to discover argument is not a strong selling point) for me personally. I want to know what I am buying so I know if its broken or not.

Sea Bear and Hornpipe like this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't disagree.

I went through my logs; the last time I got anything from my Fireworks boxes is March 4, 2018. I just tried them all again, and none of them have refreshed. So @Serafina should I /bug this? They are all in my basement; they wouldn't be getting pegged like they are plants, right? If thats the case, I'm building a greenhouse...

Edit: The ones I have are: Replenishing Red Rocket Fireworks Box, Replenishing Blue Rocket Fireworks Box, Replenishing Green Rocket Fireworks Box, Replenishing Yellow Rocket Fireworks Box, Replenishing Red Missiles Fireworks Box, Replenishing Yellow Missiles Fireworks Box, Replenishing Silver Fireworks Box, Replenishing Oracle Eye Sparkler Fireworks Box, Replenishing Red Sparkler Fireworks Box, Replenishing Blue Sparkler Fireworks Box, Replenishing Green Sparkler Fireworks Box, Replenishing White Sparkler Fireworks Box, Replenishing Yellow Sparkler Fireworks Box, and Replenishing Rainbow Sparkler Fireworks Box. This does not include the four new fireworks boxes I've purchased, as I just used those successfully on May 9.

Elwyn and Rentier like this.
  7. Lace

Lace Avatar

Yeah mine are mostly in a basement but were in banks, sometimes trunks and I really just gave up on replenishing more than a year ago because I have no idea when to check and am not going to check monthly just to see when it may pop. THat is ridiculous to me, and because I have not, it is likely I have missed out on the 'replenishing part' because I didn't check which again leaves me as 'Bitter party of 1'.

Just like the royal scepters - replenishing items should give a countdown of when to check again. IMHO. Maybe then I may be more inclined to purchase or see value in them as I suspect would others.

Lesni, Spoon, kaeshiva and 1 other person like this.
  8. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

So far I would agree with this statement on Fireworks; I can't seem to find a correct time to gather from them past the initial 100 draw. I am thinking maybe once a week for your own wishing well, but we used to be able to dip into each wishing well until we got something. Wondering if that changed somewhere around the time we could gather water from them?

9. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Thanks Elwyn, do you see anything on the wishing well?

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Sounds about the same for me. I was getting them on the first of the month for a while, then nothing in April.
    I don't have a wishing well.

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Haven't tested this year, but last year it was like this:

You need to have lot permissions to use the wishing function on the Well. (My biggest pet peeve - what is the point of a wishing well if it can't be used by the public).
    When you "Examine" it, you have a chance to get 'lucky', each attempt costs 1g.
    Lucky is of course ironic since the only thing gained that I've ever seen is either 1 piece of firework (the old rockets) or Books. Where the books are vastly more common. This is regardless of whether you use the water cloak or not.
    If you are 'lucky' it allows no more uses for a week when it resets. This is remembered by the well object for other users of the well as well on a first served basis. So you can have multiple wells and get one lucky use out of each.

This should then be compared to locations with wishing wells in towns where the above restrictions are not in place.

Please note though that there has been bug reports that the wishing part doesn't allow multiple use anymore - but I haven't bothered testing myself this year since even when it was working was it was almost completely pointless.

Cirsee and Lace like this.
  12. RoStudios

RoStudios Avatar

Yeah, i bought the whole set of fireworks and sparklers. Would suck to find out that they are only 1 time a year. I only bought them to have at parties and events. I don't want to have to horde them. I think this should be a telethon question.

13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

At the very least, the replenishing items should tell you if they are "charged" or not on the tooltip so those who are buying can at least go in with that knowledge.

Elwyn likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Just tried again for June; none of these have refreshed. That's 3 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.