Friday Stream - February 19, 2021 - Food System Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfred, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    Here are the questions and major topics from the Feb. 19 Friday Stream, with timestamps.

(Free to Play) Adventures in New Britannia!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/920731645

Chris was not present due to issues from the heavy winter storm in Austin, TX:

https://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1362769511972274176
    Shroud of the Avatar @catnipgames 7:22 AM · Feb 19, 2021
    Good morning from Austin! We are all safe and I think we all have power back now but are dealing with new issues. Water is out for pretty much everyone in Austin, some for 5+ days. Also, grocery stores are all nearly empty and have 4-6 hour waits. I'm dealing with both
    Shroud of the Avatar @catnipgames Feb 19
    no tap water and spotty internet issues but otherwise we're fine. We've got months of food and water and not in real danger, just dirty and tired. Might have to cancel the stream tonight due internet issues but if not, no making fun of the dirty hair due to no shower! :)

https://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1362796035270139909
    Shroud of the Avatar @catnipgames 9:07 AM · Feb 19, 2021
    And now I lost power. Going to make it rough to stream without power.

https://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1362808862798016514
    Shroud of the Avatar @catnipgames 9:58 AM · Feb 19, 2021
    Third power outage in the past 2 hours. I’m going to skip the stream tonight. Elgarion might do a stream to talk food though. I’ll keep you posted.

So Elgarion handled the Friday stream:

(Free to Play) Adventures in New Britannia!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/920731645

----------

- About 00:02:55, Elgarion discussed the situation in Texas, and disaster preparation.

- About 00:04:50, Elgarion is not able to have the question bot on this stream, but he will be using this forum post to gather feedback, and checking it periodically throughout the stream:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...oming-food-drink-buff-changes-for-r87.167364/

5:31 BuZz_KiII: where did all the move speed go?
    - Elgarion responded about 00:05:40

5:55 Coswald_Dirthmire: We were just talking about some of the changes, overall I'm digging it (will for sure iss move speed on food... all the zips)
    - Elgarion responded about 00:06:05

- Starting about 00:07:10, Elgarion provided these links, and started going through the food system updates outlined in the spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o7yqH-Bdr1lotJABCS3e508oPFBr8y5xBv114dpczJo/
    Avatar’s Update #421: Food & Drink Revamp and Balancing Inbound!
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=127791

- About 00:16:45, Pacu fish can be caught in the two daily special fishing bonus towns.

From the forum thread -- Lained:
    Nice to see some recipes for the new lava fish my butchering table containers had started to overflow, also any chance of an increase of the rare fish fillets when butchering?
    - Elgarion responded about 00:25:45

From the forum thread -- Lained:
    I see you're going for the alliteration with the Ichthyosaur Ice Cream but hot meat in an ice cream? How about Ichthyosaur incendiary steaks?
    - Elgarion responded about 00:28:10

From the forum thread -- Alley Oop:
    oh good, you got the negative for paladis white wine.
    keep in mind that a couple of foods still have outstanding bugs: fish stew and the fishy nibblers pet food
    no uses added for vanilla bean or corn. maybe cutworm tamales instead of cupcakes?
    there was no tarpon food because tarpon isn't very edible. it's really only caught for trophy fishing in real life.
    if you're gonna remove trout, salmon, and bass from loot drops, are you going to also remove them from the npc fishmongers, like the one in the owl's head upper market? gonna have to talk about what to do with them, that's the only thing they still sell.
    are you also removing the no-trade flag from lb birthday cake?
    i like the idea of elemental summon food!
    edit: can you look at chunk of cooked meat, chunk of rotten meat, and moldy bread? they each take three slots. the chunks of meat are from breaking down the roasted pigs you can steal from campfires. the moldy bread is one of the possible small stuff a child in tanglemire will give as a quest reward (though it's funnier when she hands me a bottle of whiskey)
    - Elgarion responded about 00:28:55

From the forum thread -- Cora Cuz'avich:
    I like the booze fixes, but 25 year whiskey still feels a bit underwhelming for how long it takes to make. (Though, I suppose there's probably tons of it out there by now, so maybe it's kinda moot.)
    A little bummed to see wolf surprise lose crit damage, but more because it was replaced with +DA, and I just bought a ton of it off a vendor.
    - Elgarion responded about 00:38:20

39:38 xrossfirebugseye: you should add a column to the spreadsheet to mark if the item has a deco version. then we can get those done at some point.
    - Elgarion responded about 00:40:30

From the forum thread -- Sorgin Txakal:
    Couple of thoughts based on what I am seeing so far:
    Yes Yes Outstanding! :)
    - Elgarion responded about 00:41:10

From the forum thread -- Cora Cuz'avich:
    Also, be kinda hilarious if the beef potpie also logged you out of the game...
    - Elgarion responded about 00:41:15, more about 00:41:55

From the forum thread -- Oakenhammer:
    It might be interesting if brewed drinks got stronger with age.
    - Elgarion responded about 00:41:25

From the forum thread -- Gwendolyn Obscuro:
    I see that you have added Decorated Cupcake, Elderberry Creamcheese Sugardrops, Petit Fours and Thumbprint cookies to supply bundles. I am fine with that, but can you please make it so the Spring Equinox Confection Platter that I bought from the COTO store drops them a bit more often? Maybe 6 times a year like the LB birthday cake give out their goodies? I currently only get these items from it one time per year!
    Also thank you for putting this into a spreadsheet for us! I'm sure I'll have more comments once I finish looking it over and sorting it will help me decide what to eat in different situations depending on what buffs I am looking for!
    - Elgarion responded about 00:42:10

From the forum thread -- Cirsee:
    Question: What happens to existing fish like Salmon, cheesy bread that is already in inventory? Second what about the food drops from the cornucopias (i.e. sugar cookies, pumpkin soup, cheesy bread, etc)?
    I would also agree on increasing the replenish for the spring Equinox platter.
    slices of Lord British's birthday cake only coming from the zone.. what about the birthday cakes from the crown shop?
    - Elgarion responded about 00:48:25

From the forum thread -- Gwendolyn Obscuro:
    The birthday cakes give cupcakes and fireworks, not slices of cake. At least the one I have does.
    - Elgarion responded about 00:52:45

From the forum thread -- AzazelReborn:
    This seems to be a big nerf to fire food buff, Phoenix bites is now for Sun, Ammonite losses INT and lower Attunement, focus is a none issue. Lava food will the chance of catching these fishes change because spending 24 hours fishing and only catching 5 Ammonite is not a constructive way to spend our time?
    Question that I was going to ask on the live stream today actually is. How do I know what my Critical Spell Bonus is, what is my Critical chance and my Critical Spell % and damage. Carapacaian gear has these stats, but I cannot figure out what my Crit is in game.
    - Elgarion responded about 00:52:55

54:01 Jesper_Daelin: it'd be neat to have a feast, placeable deco w/ an expiration timer. expensive to craft. takes 6 food slots but provides above average buffs. Something a guild could lay out prior to an event or something.
    - Elgarion responded about 00:54:50

From the forum thread -- Hazard:
    Question (apologies if I missed anything relating): Will it be possible to craft exceptional foods/drinks based on cooking skill(s), with maybe a very slight increase to effects or some other benefit outside crafting XP?
    - Elgarion responded about 00:57:35

From the forum thread -- Trezir Pyle:
    Is it possible to have the crafted food as deco. So we can have a slice of pumpkin pie, or a bowl of soup on tables?
    - Elgarion responded about 00:59:20

Love that food will help cooking things faster!
    Will we see a food down the road that might add exceptional chance, since neither the cooking pot of prosperity nor the expert cooking station increase exceptional chance?
    Are exceptional versions of recipes still in consideration?
    - Elgarion responded about 01:00:15

- About 01:01:20, Elgarion discussed defensive foods on the spreadsheet

From the forum thread -- Alley Oop:
    keep in mind that there are also a bunch of really short/small buffs from plain ingredients you can eat directly, like lettuce
    - Elgarion responded about 01:17:00, more about 1:18:45

1:17:29 BuZz_KiII: no more caltrops?
    - Elgarion responded about 01:17:45
    1:18:26 Coswald_Dirthmire: Caltrops are underrated, they're pretty legit

From the forum thread -- Jefe:
    Would be nice to be able to grow pecans and vanilla beans since those are only purchasable and not plantable. They can be purchased from the agriculture vendor in Etceter as an example.
    Note, Pecans, Vanilla Beans, and Mustard Seeds cannot be planted because they are also a consumable giving a small food buff. I attempted to plant both using the glyph method and by interacting with a plot of dirt.
    - Elgarion responded about 01:19:10

Currently in game we can find jugs of grape juice and apple juice. Can we possibly see recipes for those, and maybe a tomatoes juice added while you look at doing more with the tea leaves?
    Possibly cocktails recipes using whiskey and/or wine as an ingredient combined with juice?
    - Elgarion responded about 01:19:50

From the forum thread -- Coswald_Dirthmire:
    It seems like some good changes to the unicorn recipes overall, making the effort to harvest them more rewarding, even if I will miss the virtue alignment.
    Are there plans for any virtue foods at all, or perhaps plans to emphasize virtue in other areas instead? (More sylvan weapons, armor, etc?)
    - Elgarion responded about 01:22:15

- About 01:30:05, Elgarion discussed DPS foods on the spreadsheet

----------

Alley Oop and StarLord like this.
  2. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi Wilfred, I very much appreciate your effort to provide a summary especially with the timestamps!

Wilfred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.