Friday Stream Notes - February 26, 2021 - With Timestamps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfred, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    Here are the questions and major topics from the Feb. 26 Friday Stream, with timestamps.

Join Atos and Elgarion to talk about the release PLUS extra prizes!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/929586026

----------

1:11 amanitashroom: !question
    did you know that when i wear my plague hat my hair disappears?
    - Chris answered about 00:38:25

3:31 Mondravis: !question
    can we get ringmaster vest to drop off destroyers instead of T15 lichs in UT?
    - Elgarion answered about 00:38:10

5:09 mandalar: !question
    what is the phrase?
    5:22 ElwynMoon: "love is in the air"

6:39 Dr_L: !question
    Any plans to help make non-fire magic more relevant in pve?

6:59 spinokthegreat: !question
    1) Pls dont make Vexlen Spark to be mastercrafted its to cheap and too OP(its absolutely same as Vexlen Ember but without penalty), we already have Vexlen ember 2) Why you nerfed kobold population in Mysterious Swamp kobold house twice or 3 times, it was great place and now its not ?

7:45 cathy888: !question
    Is it possible to add a Alliance chat channel and the option to form Alliances?

7:52 BuZz_KiII: !question
    what happened to map updates, its been months since the last batch?
    - Chris answered about 00:40:45

8:04 frostrobert: !Question
    As far back as August, there have been bug reports (Submitted: Issue 68687) concerning Elixir Extension durations being lost when changing scenes, and yet the bug persists. Can you please comment on this ?
    - Chris answered about 00:49:00

8:35 LadyoftheHarp: !question
    can you add a second camera to your stream that's a close up of the fish tank :D
    - Chris answered about 00:46:45

8:52 zyredis: !question
    Can we get changes to some things like spec that they give a Stacking time reduse - focus cost reduse like 30-40% on lvl 100, i would love it when we could get a magic auto range hit. A newer exp consept like if your adventure lvl is at a certain lvl you get a erned exp bonus, at this rate of exp we would need Years of grinde time to get near 200 :D
    Love your Work!! greetings frome Germany

- About 00:08:55, Chris talked about what happened with the winter storm situation in Austin, Texas.

10:16 LadyoftheHarp: !question
    when the water was out did you consider drinking water from the fishtank? Also I'm very happy you survived!

- About 00:11:05, Maxine made an appearance. :)

11:59 Raven_swiftbow: !Question
    (for when you get to them) - where can we find the new cooking recipes? Cooking vendors? Bundles?
    - Elgarion answered about 00:50:15

- About 00:14:25, Sannio talked about his experience with the storm.

- About 00:18:05, Chris talked about yesterday's new release, and unity.

19:47 Tyredas: I know this update is Fantastic but i forgot to mention that the sun summon has no ORB!
    20:05 Tyredas: for equal summons
    - Chris Elgarion, and Sannio responded about 00:20:20

20:37 frostrobert: !Question
    Why don't potions crafted exceptionally yield an extra potion ? IE what is the point of having "exceptionals" if they aren't any better or yield more ?
    - Elgarion answered about 00:57:10

20:57 AlleineDragonfyre: !question
    When will POTs have maps and further when will we be able to mark and customize them?

- About 00:23:40, Chris gave an update on fixing the AFK logout bug.

24:13 ElwynMoon: !Question
    I've heard people complain that there is no way to cancel a food other than to wait it out, can you maybe make an "antacid" item that can cancel food effects?
    - Chris answered about 00:50:50
    51:01 Coswald_Dirthmire: Alcohols aren't

- About 00:25:00, Chris talked about the new option to add a custom loading screen for POTs, more about 00:30:10
    28:31 SeanPaxlair: !question
    Can stewartds handle that funcyion also.....please
    28:40 xeeofsilverdale: !question
    on custom screen shots for pots can we have more than one and have them cycle?
    - Sannio answered about 00:38:45

25:54 Merrik_Dragon: !question
    yesterday someone asked in SotA discord about a stone soup recipe.. wasn't that already put in JIRA a while back?
    - Chris answered about 00:56:30

- About 00:25:55, Chris and Elgarion talked about the upcoming screenshot contest.

26:29 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Is the recipe for salt cured obsidian pork in game yet? (Don't need to know where, just asking if it is in game)

27:04 jlovenpk2: !question
    PvP Siege Player town?)) Update PvP Zone - good resource, good loot, and all time fight :)) Have plan?)) PvP community ask :)) 300 players.

27:42 Coswald_Dirthmire: !Question
    Neither Shield of Attraction or the Shield of the Wicked King can be socketed. Is that intentional?

- About 00:28:05, Sannio and Chris talked about wyvern skinning improvements for Well of Aldur, and other skinning improvements

28:45 Oop_of_the_Vale: !question
    the the well of aldur amulets of testimony a thing yet?
    - Sannio answered about 00:39:10

30:01 Irishize: !Question
    Can we have a better drip rate on the new dragon eggs? I have farmed for 3-4 hours and no egg.
    - Chris and Elgarion answered about 00:58:30

30:42 disynthetic: @atos what is your system specs to allow you to have such fluid FPS?
    - Chris answered about 00:31:35

30:46 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Is now a good time to ask about the potential of exceptional versions of recipes? Something with a maker's mark we can sell to NPCs to enter the loot tables?

31:38 toular_fairloe: !question
    Skinning does not break stealth. Why does harvesting, say .. garlic break stealth? I can see why chopping a tree down would.

32:01 Griffler: !Question
    Adding to Irishize question, the amount of frustration at attaining rare drops in this game is a huge turnoff for many, would it be possible to have these rareer creatures drop a talisman, and once per account or week/month etc, one could turn that talisman in for a quest to receive the rare drop. Not everyone had time nor sanity to farm things for hours and hours with no gain.

32:40 tiina_onir: !question
    How are you finding GPUs!?

- About 00:32:45, Chris talked about crunch number changes to improve performance.

33:54 aknightowl01: !Question
    How do i fix unity crash 2018.4.30f1 c698a062d8e6 ?
    - Chris answered about 01:00:05

34:28 AzazelReborn: !question
    Agriculture Our tool give us +3% Agriculture Success Chance, Does that mean we can miss while doing Agriculture?

34:43 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Are there any plans for a PVP scene in Ep 2? Possibly a scene on a large scale, maybe with player housing and a dangerous gustball arena?
    37:28 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    do any other races like fauns, elves, or kobolds play gustball?
    - Sannio answered about 00:47:30

37:15 necronut: !question
    Is it possible to force -no-singlethreaded as a default launch argument, so players don't even have to think about it?

37:59 AzazelReborn: !question
    Has Halls of Balance (HoB) given insight on the upper limit for encounter difficulty and has it helped you figure out what you should expect from your player base?

38:04 xeeofsilverdale: !question
    ever thought about mixing high level mobs in lower level tiers to give reason for high level players to pop into all the many low level tier zones. would give a sense of fear if low level sees it as well opens up more areas for high levels to visit as well.

39:16 duur__: !question
    everyone that chooses dreadlocks is forced to have a bright red headband...
    56:09 duur__: !question
    can we have "no headband" instead of the bright red one we're forced to wear if we choose dreadlocks?
    - Chris answered about 01:04:30
    1:05:00 toular_fairloe: and the pony tail
    1:05:06 Oop_of_the_Vale: yes, fix all the hairstyles that have red parts
    1:05:08 danieljmcl: Should match the dyed chest colour
    1:05:14 belladonna_rose: ponytail has a band that cant be changed either
    1:05:17 duur__: YAY! thanks!
    1:05:19 LaneySotA: and the bun and the braids!
    1:05:21 Oop_of_the_Vale: ponytail, bun, two braids...
    1:05:31 beestriker2: !question
    can we change the color of our hair scrunchies
    1:05:39 Oop_of_the_Vale: or just match the rest of the hair. existing npcs have a bun that does that

39:54 jDredd_GG: !question
    in the release notes it appeared there are new overland dragon encounters. is this correct?
    - Sannio answered about 00:43:10

40:41 pivcer: !question
    why the envy bow cannot be socketed, while other arti weapons can ?

40:43 AzazelReborn: !question
    when can we expect scaling loot?

43:15 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    The leaderboard is broken, is the data on consumption still being collected? A player contest was using the in game leaderboard that ends soon.
    - Chris and Elgarion answered about 01:03:45

44:30 Merrik_Dragon: !question
    new dragon? can i tame it??!!??

44:35 Dr_L: !question
    Is the new bard passive on 100% xp return now?
    44:51 ShroudoftheAvatar: @Dr_L Yes, 100% return on new passive
    - Chris answered about 00:45:05

- About 00:44:30, Sannio talked about the new lava fishing in Blood Bay.

44:42 cathy888:
    ?question Can we get an adjustment on Ancient Essence? One for common, Two for Uncommon etc.

46:41 Merrik_Dragon: !question
    do my wands count as weapons for the purpose of the Bard changes?

47:25 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Are the feed the village bonuses planned to take place at cooking the recipes, in skinning, or in butchery? I ask because unicorns yield meat, not carcasses but sharks and lava fish are butchered and dragon eggs are a loot item - seems the feed the village bonus would be applied on the recipe when cooked.

48:05 Barugon_: !question
    Why not just limit bard skills to single-charge power if you don't have an instrument out?

48:28 beestriker2: !question
    may we have shimmering serpent scale armor?

50:08 tiina_onir: !question
    If bards are being encouraged to have their interments out, can they get the bonus from artifact insterments too?

51:08 elfinArcher: !question
    Rick, what food do I replace Crocodile Skewers with to get a Strength buff?
    - Elgarion answered about 00:52:35, and provided a spreadsheet link:
    52:42 CommunityoftheAvatar: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3e508oPFBr8y5xBv114dpczJo/edit#gid=1779126808

51:50 shadowvice: !question
    Will recipes return to the NPC Decoration vendors for POTs?

53:14 Raven_swiftbow: !Question
    speaking about foods - are ya'll going to change it so that if you change scenes with a pet out, the pet won't lose the food you just fed it? (I'll bet a bug has been submitted on this.)

55:30 SereniaMellorian: !question
    Can we have more food items as deco?

56:46 asizm2001: Would you consider a power hour type thing? or perhaps more pve, pvp events?
    58:18 list_rostov: @asizm2001 that's a good question, add !question to the beginning of your message and it goes to a spreadsheet so the devs don't miss it
    58:39 list_rostov: (they can't get to EVERY question but will make them much more likely to see it)

58:09 chiasma_twitch: !question
    does base mining skill affect critical chance other than success chance?

1:00:13 Griffler: !Question
    You've mentioned several times in stream you thought a rested exp system would be good and entertained the idea, we used to have one. Whats the status of this?

1:01:28 Merrik_Dragon: !question
    On recipes, can we get a second recipe for "Dragon Stew" that does not use dragon meat? in the story "Dragon Stew" it turns out in the end of the story it was called that because it's made BY a dragon not FROM one....
    - Sannio and Elgarion answered about 01:02:35
    1:04:25 Merrik_Dragon: @CommunityoftheAvatar the story is called "Dragon Stew" it is a real world story writen by a Ultima Dragon
    1:05:29 CommunityoftheAvatar: gotcha, Merrik -- sure, I'm thinkin we can come up with an easter egg recipe for you guys. I gotta make 23 foods this month, so plenty of room.
    1:05:42 CommunityoftheAvatar: please PM me some suggestions, Merrik.
    1:05:52 CommunityoftheAvatar: on the forums Merrik, please

1:02:08 chiasma_twitch: !question
    any plan to add huge white light crystal chandelier and cherry blossom paver?

1:02:37 jDredd_GG: !question
    could you explain how targeting with Atonal Aria works?

1:04:30 spinokthegreat: !question
    can you build a real Necropolis - tier 18 scene with an unbelievable amount of undeads + Undead dragon and tier 40 Anapa Lich lord ) ?

1:05:42 Serpentwyne: !question
    what about grandma kellers un-decoable book
    1:08:02 Oop_of_the_Vale: @Serpentwyne i have that book placed

1:06:51 Irishize: !question
    What happened to the easel and artist items we were getting? I want an art studio :)

1:07:31 zyredis: !question
    can we get a fokus kost reducktion with the specs like 30-40% on lvl100

1:11:23 CoraCuzabich: !Question
    The tier level nodes were raised in Tanglemire. Will you be going through and doing the ones in Lamech's and Spindelskog?

- About 01:11:15, Elgarion talked about the fishing contest winners and new fishing contest changes.

- About 01:17:55, Elgarion talked about the new treasure hunting contest.
    1:20:13 frostrobert: How will you know the Ashen Heartwood came from Ulfheim?
    - Elgarion answered about 01:20:25
    1:20:59 frostrobert: k, good.... thx
    1:22:58 frostrobert: Also, the drop rate of Ashen Heartwood has drop'd dramatically of late off Reapers in Ulfheim
    1:23:31 CommunityoftheAvatar: They have a 10% drop rate.

- About 01:19:50, Elgarion talked about the video and screenshot contest.

1:20:00 shadowvice: !question
    Any news on your King of the mountain games?

----------

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.