Friends of Convenience

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Cobra101, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

It can be fun to be friendly to pretty much everybody. A lot of times you meet somebody in an impromptu party to fight a boss or something and everybody friends each other. You don't have to chat them up but can just define yourself by your actions. Of course people are amazing and it's fun to talk to them. The only time I ever teleport to someone is when they need me for a party or I'm late for an event. I also like the friends list because sometimes you can learn about or be reminded of an event going on by seeing a bunch of your friends are at the same place. Also, it's fun to scan the list just to see all the different things that people are doing.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

the problem with this is people would use it to transport goods instead of its intended purpose. This is why Richard wants to attach a cost to all fast travel in some way, to detour people exploiting ways to bypass regional economies.

3. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

People dont even use that on Facebook. But, I do.

4. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

that invite to guild button needs a secondary window - i hit it alot by mistake hunting for whisper, combining two numbers to make a combo, hitting double s to jump back, all the while clicking 'g' in vain to keep a target locked i've been working on. Why was this game designed for people with eight fingers on each hand and two joysticks surgically attached to each foot?

THE HENDOMAN

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Having the Kick from guild just sitting there in the middle of the list is also a bit worrying.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

We just need another category, Best Friends!

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You ought to throw that in a feedback thread of its own, very specific, because you are very correct.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yes you can teleport to someone on your friends list
    perfect for the pvp that is looking to kill you!

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If you like to only have friends that you talk to everyday on the list and no one else, you can delete those guys that won't talk to you.

The way I see it, I would rather keep a list of friends as huge as possible, combines between BFFs, best friends, guild mates, friends with benefits, and acquaintances.

Think of it like having people on your phone list. While some may not be your best friends, but you may want to hit them up when you want to go bar hopping and such. You have only have 2-3 that you want to be emotional with and share all secrets and shizzle. You catch the drift?

Vox Aquila likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that sums up the personality difference here pretty well. why the frell would i ever want to go bar-hopping? ...with anybody?

11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

It's dangerous to go to a bar alone, bring "friends" with you.

Vox Aquila and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah, but I don't go through the phonebook/phone directory and put everyone in it on my phone list. :cool: I see the need for having people on my list that I never talk to as a way to teleport and thats about it. If I hunt with people, even just once, I don't mind adding them to my friends list; as I may want to hunt with them again. Just adding people as 'potential' teleport locations makes no sense to me.

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Well.. to go through phone book and directory would be more like soliciting. What I'm talking here is to go outside the house, meet people at public place, get connected with them and ask for contacts. That is if you find them to at least being civil and not creepy. I mean, you gotta do some due diligence, too.

For this game, I would at least wave and talk to the person and gauge their response a bit before I added them to the list too. As long as they are not jackasses, I'm ok with having them on the list. At the same time, I don't to share our inner thoughts, hopes, and dreams together before add someone to the list.

In any case, just do whatever you feel comfortable. It's all good :)

14. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Sometimes I wonder if the friend request is from someone I talk to on Discord but has a different in game name. So I try to "whisper" first to confirm but then usually accept and will remove later if it turns out not to be someone I know.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  15. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I tried it, must have got it wrong somehow.

[​IMG]

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

That's what the OP, and I were talking about....

If someone asks to friend me, or we were fighting together, and a any other situation where there was at least SOME sort of interaction, invites would make sense. We were talking about people just randomly adding you to their friends list.

Alley Oop likes this.
  17. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

a video on hot to add friends to your friends list so to be able to increase your destinations in the game using the teleport scroll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.