Frothing Red Ice Snarler Quest Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Echondas, Sep 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

This thing is really hard to kill, it took like 6 of us ~ 35 minutes and lots of potions and such - like doing a CP.

I got 286,000 XP from killing the wolf in a party of 8 - which is the same as killing a red eye enarler. Also - it's only 1 tongue per kill - so for a big group, it's a lot of time spent.

The reward isn't so great currently for such a hard daily quest -- I think the rewards need a bump
    (AFAIK double XP is still active)

[9/22/2021 8:12:54 PM] You receive 1,125 gold!
    [9/22/2021 8:12:54 PM] You gained 131656 experience needed for skill development!
    [9/22/2021 8:12:54 PM] You gave an item (Red Ice Snarler Tongue) to Hertha.
    [9/22/2021 8:12:54 PM] You received the following (Zinc, Pure Elemental Ice) from Hertha.
    [9/22/2021 8:12:54 PM] Hertha: I can see this tongue is discolored, and slightly enlarged, even for a snarler. It's also chewed a little... was the wolf biting its own tongue? I'll need a day to study this tongue further, but I can already say I'll need more to look over. Bring me a new tongue every day and I'll give you some gold.
    [9/22/2021 8:12:54 PM]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

or maybe since it's sick it should be weaker than the healthy ones?

Anpu and Echondas like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

On my side of things, this wolf is relatively easy to kill for me. Of course right now I'm in a fire mage build, so it makes things easier, but 1. I tend to kill a Frothing red snarler on my way to the daily beacon, so it's a 2 for 1 special for my quest. The wolf gives somewhat decent exp, and has very high chance for tamer arties (I got 2 arties a few times off of it.) Takes me 5 minutes or less to kill, pretty sure it's less, and then I get some nice Zinc which is worth a decent price.

Jotungrund is a VERY high tier scene at T14, things are supposed to be hard, but for those who are at lvs for this content or even higher, it is a very easy quest.

Take this as a "You might be trying to bite bigger than you can chew" quest, and ignore it till you get stronger, because making it more rewarding means the higher end players will get very easy rewards.

Just giving the other side of the medal here, I understand it's a tough one for you and your group Echondas, and it might be too tough for many, but like all other dailies, the quest is more of a bonus as you run around the scene, it can't be too rewarding, and since it's a daily, the rewards tend to be somewhat low. At least it's not this quest that gives the Artifact reward!

Adam Crow, Anpu and Echondas like this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Good points Violet - It's a little easier for this party I'm in now that we found a spot where there's not 4-5 wolves but only 2 or so.

Adam Crow and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.