Frustrated..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by khalum, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

The mobs in Malice are very difficult. You need a fairly high adventure level to turn the mobs at least yellow if not green.

Celestial Blessing helps against the mages and Liches that cast death magic.

Also have Shield of Ice and Douse ready to counter fire damage.

Sir_Michael and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

As Numa and SmokerKGB are talking pets,go to your Options then Controls and become familiar with your pet key binds. Write them down if need be,but knowing them will save you time,grief and headaches. It may seem like something small,but a few small things added up can mean death vs success. Happy adventuring.

Numa likes this.
  3. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

A lot of good advice in this thread. It's probably mostly an adventurer level problem. If mobs are orange to you, you are likely to have a hard time.

Running 2 food buffs and 2 town blessings (i recommend spurituality for the 4 adv levels for low to mid level players, 2nd one is optional) is mandatory. Adding def buffs to your deck will surely help.

Numa likes this.
  4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

There is an even worse combat spot in the Path of Courage. Path of Truth is better only because it avoids combat entirely.

Sadly, because of the MMO focus of the game, I don't know if combat will ever feel well-integrated into questing. Or if the main story line combat (as little as it is) will ever feel like it can be played without pauses, gaps and departures. There is no way to integrate into the main story line the need to stop and grind for skills and equipment. This kills the sense of urgency and continuity but must be done.

The solution is to spread the word that people should achieve a relatively high adventurer level (80+?) before they attempt the main story line. Presumably by that point they would have learned about armor and buffs and have them well-established. Then the two paths that have comabt can be enjoyed from start to finish.

I wonder about a gate. In the sense that you wouldn't receive the quest trigger until you reach a certain level. Before that, the quest giver would say something like, "you do not seem ready for what needs to be done." I think this is reasonable and at least gives people a purpose to grind. I will start another thread for feedback on this.

Nikko, Numa and belijaal like this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I usually went by what the journal said - this may prove challenging or this is something I can accomplish.

Even then with the help of an NPC in the solo dungeons it can be tough anyway.

Cordelayne and Vyrin like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Avatar

Says who?

Some of us are still struggling with yellow...

7. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Yellow can be difficult too but should be doable if you follow the advice in this thread. Food buffs, blessings, defensive buffs, a pet etc.

8. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Do you know if that updates as you get stronger? Say it told you that the quest was challenging, so you spend a couple weeks grinding. Will you know if you've improved enough to get a better estimation of your success?

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah I remember it changing when I was getting ready to do the Shuttered Eye.

Although I am not sure how accurate it is since it tells me I can do Malice at Level 45.

10. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I'm only 80 in archery, have some wind magic and a spider pet. Took some kiting and pet revives, but I was able to beat him and the Litch Archer room at the top of the building. I have some decent armor and weapons crafted and enchanted by other players. Not the best, but notably better than my starter gear.

Taming may be garbage ATM, but those spider webs are great 1 on 1 or to slow down adds while you deal with the ranged users.

Numa likes this.
  11. khalum

khalum Avatar

This is some great info and I really appreciate the feedback! I'll try to find my adventure level.. Is that in that 'V' popup I've heard about? I am in self-made leather at this point, yes. It sounds like I need to pay more attention to my buffs as well. I always use +dex and +int, but am not sure where the +health would be? I'll read this more and provide more info soon. thanks agian!

12. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Gix

Gix Avatar

When you need to have a pet, need to have food buffs, need to have blessings and need to have very specific defensive buffs (or have them all active simultaneously), then the concept of "choice" is thrown out the window.

It's one thing to suggest these as a way to help and another to believe that it's normal that everybody should do these things.

Stundorn likes this.
  14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

vauban pass is one of the hardest scenes in the game. invest in sprint and dash, and fly through the scene without attacking anything!

also, watch some youtube vids from the expert archers in this game. archery is uber, if not OP.

Stundorn likes this.
  15. mass

mass Avatar

If this turns out to be true, my recommendation would be to skip this game. There's no way I could recommend a game that required 100+ hours of boring grind just to complete the main story line. I simply do not believe they will allow this to happen. What's being reported in this thread should be taken as an indicator that further balancing for story content needs to occur (and hopefully will).

Stundorn, Numa and Vyrin like this.
  16. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

You don't need to have a pet and food buffs are a great help. The defensive buffs are suggested and can be swapped out. Their are 11 different Town Blessings and about a hundred different types of food. There is a lot of choice. The suggestions listed in this thread are things that have worked for people. You don't need to do any of it.

17. Gix

Gix Avatar

That's, unfortunately, how the game is like right now and how a good majority of the active (forums) player-base accepts it. I've been talking about the issues concerning the difficulty curve (both the learning curve and the enemy placement) many, many times over and, based on everyone's responses (including the devs), this looks intentional. A long time ago, Chris basically shrugged (during a telethon) at the idea of people avoiding the use of magical spells.

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

It's up to you if you follow the advice given in this thread. So there's your choice.
    If this turns out to be like the "Help me kill the troll" thread im out.

19. mass

mass Avatar

I've been playing just about every day (minus a few weeks) since persistence and am just now about level 80. Most of my time is spent adventuring, but not power leveling. For casual people primarily interested in the story, 9 months+ of grinding to have an uninterrupted story experience is going to be a non-starter. Further, it's completely unnecessary. It seems like they are actually doing pretty well getting people to level 40s in the story. I really can't imagine they won't go ahead and complete the balancing so that the '40 hours of story' can be completed in about 40 hours. Time will tell, you could be right.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. Gix

Gix Avatar

@belijaal you should read my second paragraph.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.