Frustration w/ completing storyline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortanius, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I have taken a few days off of work, and I was hoping to AT LEAST finish one or two "Path's". I am currently working on the Path of Love. I do not see any current tasks in my journal regarding the path of love. After hours of digging through the interwebz, I was hoping to find a guide. The guides that I have come across usually end abruptly. I have backtracked to a place in Necropolis, and have even received experience again from talking to the same guys/ creatures. I don't know how many times I have done that since persistence. I want to say that I have received the XP from the same NPC's more than 2 times. I have even visited the Crypt of the Avatar; from the looks of it from feedback, it seems that it is not necessary to even do that to progress. I do realize where I need to go for the last part of this path, but the one character at a bar says there is no reason for me to go there yet.

I wanted to finish this all before receiving the "reset token" to start the Path's from scratch, but I am starting to lose hope. I realize that this game is supposed to be more old school and not hand holding. However, I believe at this time it does require that so that at least I can report some of the quests as bugs. How do I even know if a quest works properly??? Or even let the "hand holding/ point me in the direction I need to go" be an option so that hardcore players can play that way, and those of us that need some direction get it. As I've said before: give options to the players so that they can play they want to play. This way, it attracts the hardcore and the casual.

This type of frustration does not motivate me to keep playing everyday... I hate being lost in the sauce, and I feel that I have adequate intelligence/ gameplay experience that this shouldn't be an issue. If anyone has a link to a comprehensive guide to completing these paths, please PM me or post it here in a "spoiler". Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi... you're my only hope.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

You are not alone in your frustration... I think most believe that the quests still need a lot of polish. From where it sounds like you are the question is:
    Have you made it to Spite?
    It sounds like that is the next leg of your journey and doing things there may continue you along the path.

If you don't have any quests to complete though, that sounds like a bug and should be reported.

Cordelayne and Mortanius like this.
  3. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

@Vyrin
    I have traveled to Spite. I have talked to the guy at the main dock who says he won't take me to the location because I am not dead. I have went to the local tavern and spoke with another character who says he would sneak me into the area. Once I get farther into conversation with him however, he says that I have no business of going to that location. I am wondering if I haven't triggered an event that is required to go there yet.

Cordelayne and Vyrin like this.
  4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

@Mortanius
    The key person to talk to in the tavern is Samael. Somehow, although I don't know how, it triggered the ability for me to travel to Malice. That was a month ago though. Make sure you click through all the keywords highlighted below each character.

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Check your journal/tasks to see if it says to go to Spite.

If not, go back to the Crypt and ask Miles Shepherd and Eris about Malice.

You should get the entry to go to Spite after talking to Samael.

Mortanius, Vyrin, Stundorn and 2 others like this.
  6. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

@discipleofweb
    That worked! Thank you so much. In no way would I've figured that out on my own hahaha. I would have been doomed to grind forever. On to finishing the Path of Love. Happy Friday to ya :)

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Keep it updated, i'm sure obstacles like this will occur again, if you get further.
    We hopefully can help out.
    If you can manage Malice, you should be able to complete the whole Story i would say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.