full pvp? full loot? like uo?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by BlackMage, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackMage

BlackMage Avatar

Ok ill make quick story.
    I played Ultima online, from it's beta to Age of Shadow patch on the Atlantic/catskill servers.
    On age of shadow patch, i nearly cried how the game became fell, so i quited, and started playing free servers with UO:R rule sets thru uogateway.

My brother recently told me about this game, and he said the creator of UO itself was developing it and stuff.
    I thought, it was an automatic that the pvp would be sick, and there would be looting of course. So i bought the game and donated few dollards for free.

I played the game for a week and a half, enought to get decent skills. And then i tried to look for pvp.
    But there was none.
    Nowhere.

I started looking on forums and on dev posts about if there was open pvp or not, and if there was fulll loot or not. But i haven't found any clear answer to this.

Can someone tell me if theres open pvp, and looting in this game? cus if not ima just walk away and go back playing UO on a free server.

Msg to lord british : me and my dad and my brother and my cousin played UO for like 12-13 years on official servers, untill ea bought it and ruined it.
    You cant come out, and make a new game, and use the fact your the UO creator, to get people to support your project, if its not gonna be open pvp with full loot. That cant be. Just cant.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

So you bought a game before checking the very public details, and unsatisfied of the result, are blaming the devs for not adhering to YOUR expectation?

Ok.

#include <standard_uo_fanboy_answer.h>

Facts you ought to remember:

- EA bought Origin Systems in september 1992.
    - UO was released september 1997. Five years later.

UO is a product of a company owned by EA right from the very start.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@BlackMage

Three PvP ways right now:
    The least satisfying.
    Right click someone (or their name tag) to ask them to Duel.
    If they accept you can fight.
    Middle satisfaction.
    Seek out a PvP scene. There is one north of the starting area of Solace Bridge, through the boarded control point and into the Grunvald area. Look for black floating rocks. Those are ShardFalls that will flag all who enter for PvP.
    In the eastern end of Grunvald you will find Vengeance, a player owned PvP scene. Here you have lots of PvP events happening.
    However since combat is "slightly" broken right now there will be few there unless us weekend eves.
    Most satisfying.
    Seek out an Oracle Confinery building. (It's the one that looks like a mini-Sauron tower). Talk to the oracle (double click the checkered board on the wall)
    Ask her to remove her protection. You will now be flagged for PvP and can attack other players flagged for PvP. Anywhere at any time.
    You can find this most easily in Ardoris since it's right after the entrance.
    However right now due to the unbalance of combat lots have removed their flag. So again hard to find them.

However once we get closer to launch we will have a much larger population.

Then you should check out the Selective Multiplayer Online concept, and the Affinity Instancing concept.
    Together they will sort you more and more with other players with PvP flags and the more you PvP the more this will become true.

Oh and full loot scenes are planned as well.

But right now we have a ransom system which will be in effect everywhere.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  5. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Welcome to SotA!
    i will pvp you. add friend "Doom"

6. Hammershtein

Hammershtein Avatar

umm in all of the dev hang outs when asked about open pvp or full loot it has been stated over and over that its not going to happen.

how ever i agree with the op, but on that same token this is not UO. This is a hole new game entirely. the way the world is set up there is no Open World.
    the part of just running to a exit in an instance would be a nightmare trying to balance exploiters and setting timers to enter and leave zones..

I am more of a full loot crowed,thats just not he case with sota and we will have to make do with what we have. There will be a zone loot system and that has yet to be hashed out. some things have been thrown around as to be able to loot every thing that was looted in the pvp zone. Altho i don't think any one would be just hanging out harvesting in a pvp zone. That's imo. I really don't see the pvp zone to be any bigger then the average city size zone. Only time will tell tho. Its PRE alpha welcome aboard the journey is going to get much much better from here.

7. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome BlackMage!

Abydos likes this.
  8. Hammershtein

Hammershtein Avatar

enderandrew likes this.
  9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Actually he came out and used the fact that he is the creator of ULTIMA which consists of more than just UO. There are ten story-driven single player RPGs in the series plus spin-offs aside from UO. Richard Garriott announced Shroud of the Avatar as the spiritual successor to ULTIMA and not Ultima Online.

10. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

We had this topic several times, and i will say the same thing:

If cous of reason port would really decide to bring full loot pvp than they have also to include permadeath in the game. than we can talk.

Fullloot pvp is one of the worth things they could implement in my opinion. I know there are some players who badly need this for them selfs but if some would kill a friend who is hard working a jung family father who has in his charkter put tons of our of game play over a long time and than comes some one and kills and steels every thing he has, this would be a point where many would quit the game.

Fullloot pvp is somthing interresting in some game concepts like day z. But day z is a great exampel what happens if you have fulloot pvp. Spawn or Controll point camping, abusing and the most hated word in the forum feeding the trolls. And no, i dont say that a pvp that wants full loot pvp is an troll.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well, in fact it absolutly can be.
    Sure, there are peeps like you and your family that connect RG to the first open pvp-full-loot-mmo-ever.
    But most people go back way longer and connect RG to brilliant story telling and the first RPG where you had the feeling of a living enviroment.

As i see it (from the forum reactions on those topics) most people belong to the second category.
    In other words: you won't see open pvp and full loot.
    But on the other hand you will see pvp and at least some kind of loot. To me it looks like a good balance for the moment.

12. Sascha Biermanns

Sascha Biermanns Avatar

I vote against full PvP and full loot! What it is at the moment, with looting, looks good.

13. ship2

ship2 Avatar

check out mortal online. Full loot, griefing applauded, UO style criminal system, even towns aren't safe. The housing and pve blows but, it's got your pvp.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  14. Hammershtein

Hammershtein Avatar

I think you should read the post i posted where star and chris out line the pve and pvp aspects of avatar.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

And I think march 2014 is rather outdated.

16. Hammershtein

Hammershtein Avatar

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/full-loot-pvp-and-stuff.23066/ lol well I just noticed it is the sam as Hammershtein posted, so now you have it twice, if you have not ran out the door that is. Anyway to me this game has so much of wonderful to it, but that is just me of course. :)
    Here is the March 2015 comment from Chris and even that is outdated. And welcome BlackMage to Shrouds. Don't let one thing send you packing, really there is a lot more coming to this game. Guild Warfare comes in December and more and more things for the PVP crowd. You are also looking at a game that is pre-alpha, so it does not have all of the features in it or even all the players in it. Right now just backers mostly from the game. What we are doing here is testing out systems as they come in and providing feedback on ones that do come in. Also we post ideas that we think of and sometimes they go into the game. You can at this time PVP anywhere when flagged and also you would be available to be attacked anywhere when flagged. Some hold PVP events like Blaquerogue and others have events in their towns. We have a ransom system in place right now and later some locations will include full loot as stated by the Dev team in one of the last hangouts. So if you are still here and join us, I am majoria in the game and I would love to answer any questions I can for you.:)

18. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Uhm, people? Blackmage is gone, he has not been here since he posted the OP.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes He probably is, but just in case.;)

Doom Angel likes this.
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

How many people play Day Z out of interest?

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I just looked at Twitch......
    Day Z - 1372 Viewers across multiple channels
    SotA - 0 Viewers across 1 channel (NBNN)

Maybe the trolls really do rule the world :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Brink1123, Abydos and Logain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.