Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game breaker...lot deed cost @spoon

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by hearsehauler, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

alternative one: adopt a mom or dad to live with until you have raised enough money to realize your dream of a mortgage. And property tax.

alternative two: travel around and take advantage of free rooms in an inn or hostel until you have raised enough money to realize your dream of a mortgage. And property tax.

alternative three: go it alone or pool resources during a monthly raffle ticket for a property (to start soon again in a release near you). And property tax.

alternative four: join a guild. be a house sitter for one of the guild houses.

alternative five: meet a mysterious benefactor.

alternative six: trade goods for someone’s house deed. And property taxes.

alternative seven: spend green rectangles on a bundle over several months during sales to grow into the size of a tax free lot. (Takes patience and some planning - and green rectangles or store credit)

Hazard, Elwyn and Cordelayne like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I still think it would be cool to see NPC owned inns in the game btw.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  3. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Yew has one

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

You can rent a room from an NPC for the night??

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I suppose if one exercised their imagination, the inn and innkeeper are there for it.

If you are seeking a technical mechanic, then it serves as a placeholder system that we can ask for a Jira to make it happen.

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

soooo.... no, then.

Bummer. For a minute there I thought I might be able to rest and heal overnight inside an Inn, like in the Ultimas. :/

Ravicus Domdred, Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  7. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Numa likes this.
  8. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

Thank you all for your comments and ideas?
    It has been very helpful :)

Duke Gréagóir, Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  9. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

Because spoon was involved in a prior post that has been deleted.
    I'm open to any and all info

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

So, when do we start valuing all players and not just the wealthy or founders?

Cordelayne and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Not sure what you mean. Essentially I am advocating free lots for everyone who does not own a lot. However the free lots are restricted to certain cities. Owners can then buy housing and do whatever, just that they can not move the lot to a pot or normal city. This way everyone can participate in housing/decorating right from the start after they accumulate enough to buy a house.

12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I see, or, alternatively, people can actually game for their deeds and pay for them with good old-fashioned gold.

Elwyn, Aldo, Cordelayne and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I really respect your view on this, thank you for sharing.

14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

You don't *need* to spend anything to get a basic, pot, taxed, deed. These are very affordable even for a lower level player who is willing to put in a couple weeks of effort raising funds.
    There are also no shortage of people willing to rent you a room in the meantime.
    Deeds are now also buyable with Cotos, which are traded in game for gold and can be acquired without needing to go outside the game or do any third party anything or spend any money.
    Paying cash is just a 'faster' way to a deed, not the only way to a deed. Even tax free deeds can be bought from player vendors in game once you save up enough gold, though obviously cost considerably more...

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I couldn't agree more with this and I am a Benefactor Duke pledge, with three damn properties. I truly believe, for the long term survival of this game, housing needs to be a more reasonable and achievable goal for the casual average player. Given that housing is such a big part of the game, why do we make this goal so difficult to achieve and then tack on the absurd taxes associated with that property? Sure, the Oracle gives you 500 gold a day which would cover a row house, but that requires the player to login everyday. I mean, I know I don't have time to do that!

Moreover, why don't folks WANT new players to own property and fill up the dustbowlesque (that a word ;)) towns that exist currently? It is in everyone's best interest to make housing something achievable to ALL players. It will attract more people to the game, to your PoT and to the world in general, in my opinion. I love the idea of renting out space and having Inns and such, but eventually people might want their own space. Which needs to be a realistic goal and not something that is only achievable by grinding away all day, every day, for weeks or months! Again, these are just my opinions in the interest of attracting and keeping new players.

Friend me in game: Cordelayne Valkaris I will help you get your start on your own property! I will also be happy to give you rent free space in one of my properties while you get started. If that is of any interest to you!

16. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

well its really obvious. Most of the people that bought the high level packages expected limited housing. So we have high level backers that want to capitalize on their "investment" in the game, not so much wanting to foster the game. Well really they want to foster the game but only to with the thought in mind of making RMT money. There are a few, like me that did because we are philanthropists about it. I was rather naive about the game process before I bought in and did not realize that it was RMT, I just wanted to be in the top 20 town owners to create an environment for RP, and for this to be the last game I played. Emotionally invested I guess, and monetarily. This game had so much potential, so much going for it.... I guess I won't go any further. But I do believe even if they allow instanced housing would be a plus, otherwise people I fear, will be like me, and find its not the bag of goods that has been sold.

18. Numa

Numa Avatar

The tax-free lot deeds included in the Founder and Benefactor pledges aren't likely to change their status as pledge only items. Founder deeds in particular are considered as part of the Kickstarter batch of pledges and were and are considered exclusive items based on promises made by Port then. Conversely, it won't be possible to touch the Benefactor lot deeds without changing the status of the Founder lots since the Benefactor part of the funding campaign is considered the extension of the Kickstarter campaign.

With the trend of increasing scrutiny of Kickstarter campaigns because of failures to deliver and/or violation of the original pledge terms it won't be an easy job to untangle this web of pledge dependency without an increase in legal risk for Port.

Taxed lot deeds are another matter.

Astirian, Elwyn and Cordelayne like this.
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Well then pardon me for being so obtuse! ;)

Rav, you and I go WAAAAY back brother, and I know where you're coming from and where your heart lies. So yeah, I understand your frustration and definitely empathize with what could have been. To say I am not disappointed in some things, we both know would be disingenuous on my part. But we gotta eventually move on if the situation has become untenable and I know, sadly, for the most part you have. It bums me out that the dread Lich Lord Ravicus Domdred isn't as prevalent in Novia as he once was. Yet I totally understand why you divested yourself of your pledge(s) and support your decision because you're my friend!

It is my hope and perhaps naively, that RMT and the add-on store will become less and less prominent as the game gains more financial stability and a bigger player base. Maybe it won't, but I do believe, in my opinion, the game has gotten a lot better in many ways and like my man Andy Dufresne said in Shawshank Redemption, "...hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." :D

20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

In the future I might need use of a printing press my friend, just to redeem my name. I have never put as much passion into a backstory as this, and I would hate to have it wasted... I might even give up a skull, the one and only skull of ravicus....there might be a demand for this, as I am hated eternally lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.