Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game breaker...lot deed cost @spoon

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by hearsehauler, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Pffff, anyone that hates you doesn't know you and ergo is an idiot! ;)

Besides, you know where my place is in Brittany Estates , I have granted you access to my basement, printing press is at your disposal! ;)

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Come on Ravicus. Like anyone knew what to expect or planned anything. We bought our pledges and wished for the best. It isn't true that we hoped for limited housing. That is silly. In fact who even wanted housing obtained this way. Its crazy. Most of are uo fans and we wanted it similar to housing in uo and how you acquired it in this game too . I wish everyone to get their property. It took me two years to get a house in uo and it was a tiny little box but it was mine. Since this is our funding for this game we find positive ways to work with this. I'm sorry but we cannot magically take this funding away. And no one should be looked down on for which ever road they took whether it be spending real cash playing the raffle, winning a contest, doing the time to earn it in game etc. I did my time in uo and there was not one moment that I did not enjoy playing that game . It was about playing the game and finding a way to get housing later because it was just an awesome game. Imo so is this game. So there are decisions for each player to make and ranting and putting down others and this project because it all turned out this way is not helping imo and of course that is not directed at you ravicus.

You have been here a long time I know. I respect you all and I don't agree to not find solutions that help the game at this point.

How many games have we just bought into because that was our choice, some players wont or can't other players will just choose to use in game mechanics and yay we have those already too. Just because some can use a charge card does not make them wealthy. Putting down other players is not. helping. We are in this together .

Portalarium imo is doing what they can given how this turned out.

I am excited for this game. I will continue the fight to get features in this game that personally I feel help but none of them will be about things that take funding this game away. And think about it If clothing packages would have originally funded this game some may be ranting about the clothing packages for sale as an example.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Kara Brae, Duke Gréagóir and Elwyn like this.
  3. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Ravicus you are surely not hated by all! at least not by me! :*

Vyrin and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The time you need to get a taxed pot row deed is between 6 and 10 weeks depending on your access to a taxed or tax free vendor and location of sale and the time you want to invest. I tested it with diamond fields, a nested pot with regular crafting events and needed 8 weeks with a average playtime of one hour a day and maybe 2 hrs on the weekend days.
    The deed tax can be paid by visiting the oracle every day.

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And I have seen people just mine ore and sell it and get a deed in one week.

6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I've bought an overland town just farming, i own a lot of deeds 3 anywhere and many pots town and villages, i've an high end gear for all kind of build, skilled up all professions and i often gift money to who needs them.
    Never spent a $ from my wallet if not for supporting telethons and charity addons.

PS: I hate farming and i didn't spend all my days doing it, all this is achieved with casual farming cause 90% of my time spent in game is dedicated to my guild and pvp.

Dhanas, Duke Gréagóir and Elwyn like this.
  7. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I won't speak for Ravicus, but I know I expected limited housing. Why? Because it said as much on the KS page. It described a Village as a town size, not a lot size. With only a few thousand houses ever available. A Town as a bigger size, with more protection, and offers more than a Village, instead of being a lot size. With only a few hundred ever available. And describes a City once again not as a lot size, but a bigger town size than a Town, be more protected by such large defensive things such as Tesla towers, and offers still more things that a Town doesn't. With only a few dozen City homes available.

Silly me expecting what was laid out when they wanted my money.

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Mykll is correct. Limited housing was everywhere. In the ks, on the homepage. It's still there to read. So, yeah, I absolutely hoped for limited housing as well. Because of UO and swg which both ended up being continent sized city's in the end.

Elwyn and Mykll like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I bought into the game at a higher level because they have Linux support and I wanted to help make sure that they continue to have Linux support. The stuff is fun and I'm glad that I don't have to pay taxes on a lot but that's not what dictates fun for me. I just bought a POT; not as an investment but because I wanted to make a nice town where people with POT only deeds could just claim a lot, like it was just some PRT, and decorate their home however they want. I put my money into this game fully expecting to write it off simply because I (selfishly) want to have fun.

Womby, Numa, Elwyn and 1 other person like this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If they won't play daily, why do they each feel the need for an individual house? Part of the design of housing, especially the bigger lots, was that they would be occupied by a group that would split the cost of the lot taxes. Note that one person still owns the lot deed and house and won't lose it, even if booted for not keeping up with lot taxes, but the day-to-day cost of taxes can be shared.

Those green bundles can be used to buy store credit month after month if you want a sort of lay-away plan. The sotre credits can then be used to buy the final item from the store, or a bulk purchase (aka some discount) of COTOs to buy the final item from an in-game NPC vendor, or traded to another player for an item. (Note that the last one doesn't have a secure trade from store credit, but you can still buy COTOs for an in-game trade with another player.)

At the moment, I want Release to happen and for things to settle out first, so that we have some idea of just how bad the NPC town situation really is. Right now there are still a good number of players who don't want to play until it gets declared Released. Port should have the numbers on how many PA deeds are in POTs, and how many more PA deeds they think they can release. But I think eventually some of those deeds will get swapped out with POT deeds, so they can't just keep cranking out PA deeds until everything is full.

Numa and Alley Oop like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Perhaps it was on the kickstarter page but as to what we were actually going to get in game past what was mentioned on the kickstarter page like ability to put down camps in the world with tents, rooms to rent, ect that part we did not know how devs would handle and we did not know that housing would be the major funding for the game. Listing something on the kickstarter page did not tell us all of what was to be or that we would have to make choices that we didn't want to but had to make choices to abandon some thinking. Fighting against things we can't change is a waste of time and may hurt the perception of the game for new players and even current players to listen to this.

Because of how the game evolved due to necessity, how the game system and engine handled unknown things and did not handle some things all affected what happened with this game. It is still an amazing game in so many ways.

Having housing in this game needs to be an option for all players coming into this game even if it takes them some time. Why should we spoil that for them by talking about this in negative ways. What is missing the presence of which would make a difference? This is a possible question to ask to start addressing how we present housing in a positive way in this game to players when we market this game. To present it as a journey with many paths to obtaining housing in this game not coming off as not a negative but as an interesting and satisfying player decision.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    JohnL, Koss, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  12. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I didn't read all of this, but in the case that this has not been mentioned, consider this:

The game is basically in its infancy, and we already know that if the funding allows, Portalarium is likely to develop 5 "Episodes" of content. With each episode, there is supposed to be a fairly large landmass that pops up (Lord British himself has told me that is indeed the plan). Novia is just the landmass for "Episode 1," and the additional land masses are supposed to be a similar size as Novia, ultimately making this one of the largest Landmasses/maps in square meters in multiplayer game history. With each land mass that pops up, I am SURE that there will be livable space of some fashion added in. There are already a lot of possibilities for land/home ownership, and in the future, I see that improving even further. Let's see where this goes. There are (hopefully) years of joy to be had, and we are just seeing the tip of the proverbial iceberg right now.

Astirian, Elwyn and Numa like this.
  13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I am sorry but you are wrong here. Many people expected a finite amount of housing. This is what sold the high pledges initially. Why do you think they where numbered to sell out? You can bet that many of the big guilds planned on buying up the finite deeds to capitalize on them. It was not till later after POT's became a thing that they needed more deeds to fill the POTs. Then in the Store they started selling Taxed deeds. I remember well the heated arguments against POT's and selling the Taxed deeds. There where certain individuals buying multiple taxed deeds because in the store (again limited to sell out). They bought hundreds of them. They where expecting them to not be sold anymore. Then came bundles, and lotteries. But in the beginning we expected, because deeds where limited in numbers (finite amount) we spent lots of money to secure these before they sold out. I had a RF duke, 2 Barons, 2 knight, 5 citizen, and 3 pledges at 275 for the Row Deed, because at the time there where not supposed to be anymore, and I needed the deeds for my POT that I bought. Not knowing that in the future many of these would be purchasable by a bundle. It is one of the things that really burned my ass for sure. I felt like it was the only time to get them so you eat ramen noodles while paying off your payment plan. So yes, I expected them to honor what was sold. I felt very hurt over this because it did cause hardship for me in order to do these plans, not knowing they would change the rules later on. But I am the bad guy....SMDH.

Elwyn, Aldo and Mykll like this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Things change and we all have to roll with it. That is the way of the world.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I am sorry that you were hurt. I never wish that for anyone. For myself I'm sure it is different because I didn't have the expectations as much. I bought to support the game to let it live. I just hoped this would be a great game and have fought for that all these years from my own view of what that would be of course and that is why I am here. I am not telling anyone how to feel about this. For what I do here is all in hopes for this game to succeed. I am not here to go against another persons feelings. I just feel housing should be a positive goal in this game and that it should be presented this way in the marketing of this game. It does not help the game to have us battle over this at this time of course imo and I could be wrong and people will do what they feel as well of course. It is not me against you, we are in this together. I am sorry for your losses. I feel like No one can go back and make it different at this point and I am just one voice. I always wish you well Ravicus.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I am not arguing against more available housing now at all. I actually would like to see instanced housing for the casual player. I did not want to get into a big conversation about how some people, like me, believed what we where told. So I had to tell the story to prove my point. I have accepted it but I have lost my trust in how this game is run and most likely will not spend much on it anymore. However I do not want it to fail because there are many good people here, and I wish they would speak up against the Rampant RMT in this game. It goes against every fiber of my being. I know it does not bother others so much.

Mykll and twofoldsilence like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No it does not bother me so much because I have played many games that have it. I have bought the fabulous new mounts or the mounts that hold 2 players and more from games with real money. I am not saying I do it a lot since I could not afford it ;) . Many games who crowd fund or exist because of RMT have to go this route. True there are games that don't have to exist this way that are out there. I have played those too. For me if I like the game and intend to play it as my game. I will spend the money on it even if only occasionally which is all I can afford ;).

At first when cash shops starting appearing in games I just preferred to play games that did not have cash shops but had subscription because I felt subscription offered a well made game not cheaply done. I know because of budget some things have suffered on this game and one of the biggest things was man power and even though I hear Unity is good I did have a concern of that choice having been implemented due to low budget. This game imo deserved everything it needed and I would not have wished crowd funding for my very special world I was picturing but we do have it and I am all in at this point for the good and the not so good ;). So here we are and how we each see that is individual as are we all. IMO in spite of my thinking on all of this I still believe we will make a great game here. So I say GO SHROUD OF THE AVATAR and onward to the best future.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  18. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I'm with Ravicus here. The entire selling push during the kickstarter was driven by the promise of finite, limited housing.

Vyrin, Elwyn, Mykll and 1 other person like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

deleted

20. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

@hearsehauler

Greetings,

You are not crazy. Lots deeds are very expensive in Novia.

There are two reasons for that :
    - Lot property will be limited, in the end, (because housing is not instancied, and yes it's a good thing, as long as instancied housing doesn't allow people to place the house of their choice freely). If the deeds were cheap, it would have been a first come first served service. Then, some people would have bought them all to sell those at a higher price. The result would have been the same, but the developers would not have seen the color of this money, like with UO, except that...
    - Those prices are funding the game. Without such a thing, there would be no game, and therefore, there would be not lot to claim with your deed.

Now, I have a deal for you. I own a taxed player owned town row deed. I can place it in Tenebrae, which is nested in Aerie, and pay the taxes for 100 days (renewable five times). I can grant you the coowner and tenant permissions there for you to call this place your home (I can even craft you a row lot greenhouse), and it will give you the time to raise enough money to buy a deed. I can even sell it to you at the end of this deal (for gold coins, of course), and let you live in Tenebrae if you would like to stay.

If you are interested, contact me with a PM or send me a letter directly with the Royal Mail services @Ribald Hornpipe. There is much more details that I have to share with you, that I can't share publicly.

See you !

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.