Game crash bug/ wasd bug

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Dwarffy, Mar 17, 2018.

?

Are polls unnecessary

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

33.3%
  3. i don't answer to polls

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwarffy

Dwarffy Avatar

Hi, i tried to look for Bug section, turns out im blind so i just drop it here and mods can transfer this to the right section.

So i would like to play this game, but the game kills my graphics card.. it randomly just shuts it down. First try at game lasted ~20mins, then the comp died. i pressed reset and even that didn't wake the computer back, so i turned it off and then back on... that helped. On second try the game worked for ~2mins, on third try it worked for ~15mins... Any idea? does this game have problems with amd graphic card?

And about that WASD-bug... i was messing around with that first npc that you meet... just to see if i can broke it (or even find some nice answers).. i think i wrote /job or /help or /*something* to her, and after i left her my wasd-keys didn't work. I only got them back when i spoke to the mirror ^^

Computer:
    I7-7700k
    Strix z270F
    16gb ram
    Asus R480
    Win10

2. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Load up your overclocking utility, Underclock your gpu several hundred mhz, crank the fan, Make sure graphic settings lowered, shadows off etc. Your vid card is more than likely reaching temp limit rapidly and shutting itself down to prevent hardware damage. Yes, Sota is abusive.

Sorthious likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You will find it under release feedback.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?categories/release-feedback.553/

I'd check and see if you compky with the min requirements.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_031

If you do update your gfx drivers.

Also Google your gfx card and "unity" to see if there are any specific things there.

Also like noted above most of us have got some sort of extra fan to keep the CPU from heating .

Happy hunting

Spoon

4. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@Dwarffy
    Check temperatures of your CPU and GPU with HWMonitor while the game is running.

Spoon likes this.
  5. Dwarffy

Dwarffy Avatar

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Sorry for late reply. Yesterday i finally underclocked my gpu and changed the fan speed curve, and the game run just fine. so thank you for your replys

I also found another bug.. or trap. I was fighting with wizard and i fall behind this house, and i couldn't get out of there

Picture in spoiler
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    Trying to get the picture showing, added spoiler tags

Edit2:
    Ok, i tried to make proper bug report, but i cant since i haven't bought the full version of the game yet, and i wont buy it just to make a damn bug report (still need to decide if i like this game)

So if someone feels the need/urge to report this, goto middle downs and jump behind that house.. its only partial block, but it forces you to log out and start from the map... if you just resume game it will start on exact same position and your still stuck.

Ps. this forum layout is one of the most confusing i have ever seen.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

if you're stuck... type /stuck then enter in chat... this command will unstuck you and it will automatically send the information to the devs so they can fix it...

Dwarffy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.