Game freeze every 15 seconds

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Ordovicia, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

I also have this trouble

Ordovicia likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Any differences if you try on friend only or single player online mode? Maybe we can rule out and pin point the issue by using that.

Try to run the game using borderless window mode and also the smaller windowed mode and see if there is any differences.

Open /debug and see if there are any warnings or errors message created when the stuttering happened may help pin point the issue as well.

licemeat and Abydos like this.
  3. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

I have the same card as you I'd guess, 290 4gb. Fps hits for me too, and I run every other demanding game BF4, DA:Inquisition, Skyrim etc at 60+ fps on ultra. So definitely not our rigs.

Abydos and Ordovicia like this.
  4. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

it is tooltip/text related...

try this: if you have autotrack skills on and can view/see your FPS... go between the autotracked skills with the mouse cursor quickly and you will see the FPS drop between them

Abydos likes this.
  5. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

No difference between modes single or multiplayer online.

Abydos likes this.
  6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Same here

Ordovicia likes this.
  7. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

do a reboot then disable nameplates + disable these two underlined options it worked for me! hope it works for you :)

[​IMG]

8. Night Fury

Night Fury Avatar

Same here and a beast machine as well.

WIN10 64bit, i7 hex, 32GB RAM, Dual GTX 980's... Blah blah as well. This is a non-stop headache.

NF

9. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

check this out :( o_O
    Sorry for invisible cursor but you can clearly see when I hover the skill or not and the difference it makes.

realized this section said non-cs issues... gonna make a thread for it under performance in release32

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    ZeCarlos likes this.
  10. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This could be a performance issue on our end, or could be a simple matter of updating graphics drivers and such on your computer. Have you tried to update your computer drivers? If that doesn't work, please submit a ticket to support@portalarium.com with your computer hardware specs and also a DXDiag file. We'll figure it out!

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  11. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

This actually helped. Still happens every so often but it is now less frequent and the freeze time is shorter making the camera snap less when moving. Thanks Thelab!

Theleb K`aarna likes this.
  12. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Oh and my graphics card driver was updated yesterday, and made no change in the freezing.

13. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

My drivers are up to date. This kinda of came about two or so releases ago. On the overworld map is worse by far now, if i have nameplates on i get thrown about every 15 seconds, and can end up in a ditch/mountain/tree/180 etc. Without nameplates on, I'm fine. Last release it was just as bad in scenes but is not as much this release.

I have tried the fixes mentioned by Theleb up above. They do make a difference on overworld map with nameplates on, and although i can feel that pull/twitch/jerk it doesn't seem to throw me all over, but i not run around that far for testing.

In scenes i am generally fine and don't need to not have nameplates hidden, but its not 100% and its a pain not knowing how much health etc mobs have. On maybe a related point, if i have nameplates on then sometimes the font is different sizes, sometimes larger and sometimes smaller. Not sure if either of these make it worse or better, will keep an eye on.

If i had to guess on this, its the new camera mode that's causing it, or..nameplates(certainly) or Thalebs suggestions...or :)

Apart from this issue, the game runs at 60fps generally for me and is very smooth

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Same issues as described.

Fain likes this.
  15. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

No problem :)

It won't be solved completely untill they do some serious UI optimization, there's things we can't turn off like looking at items in our inventory, bank, shop or checking out skills(in K) all these cause frame drops/stutters and the longer session you play the worse/longer the stutter/freeze becomes.

Fain likes this.
  16. Fain

Fain Avatar

I'm still having the same issues even with the nameplates off, hottips disabled, and skill advancement disabled. I go from 70 FPS to 0 FPS every 4 seconds or so. Doesn't matter what my graphics settings are at. I'm running off an SSD as well but its almost like it hangs to load something every few seconds.

This has gotten so bad that the game is virtually unplayable. I try to run and either have to move two steps and then pause and wait for the lag spike to stop, or I miss out on my timing and end up with the camera pointed at the floor and no idea which way to go. In the time it takes me to fix my camera another spike has come up and now my camera is pointing at the roof, etc.

17. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Freezing is still bad on the world map though.

Abydos likes this.
  18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

After doing the changes Theleb mentioned i am very pleased to announce that at the moment, even with nameplates ON everything is very smooth, even on the map. I haven't done the twist & shout for ages now....when before it was every few/tens of seconds. I do miss the skill advancement notifications mind. I am in SPO though, but i have been generally this release and that's where i had been finding the issues.

Edit...Outside in scenes or world map everything is very smooth. Inside any building though and its nearly impossible to move about without getting disorientated :(

Ordovicia likes this.
  19. Fain

Fain Avatar

I've found that it gets significantly worse the longer you play. If you quit out of the game completely and go back in, it does much better for awhile.

20. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

This.

And once its lagging then youll notice n to turn off names etc will make more of a difference, also doing the opposite and turning on larger nameplates will make it
    even worse. When it got really bad it was even freezing me up scrolling through the menu.

@Berek
    Ive had this happening on both my pcs, i5 and i7, 770 gtx and 970gtx. both 8gb windows 10 all updated. Its also been occuring with Everyone who I know that plays.

Abydos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.