1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Game freezes/crashes in Spindleskog (Extreme)

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

08/27/2020 21:25
    Title: Game freezes/crashes in Spindleskog (Extreme)
    Reproduction Rate: ~100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details:

While in Spindelskog (Extreme) the game runs oddly. I get roughly my normal FPS, but every 2-3 seconds the screen freezes for a second. When I use Disabling Shot on anything (and the mob doesn't die from it) it drops to less than a frame per second, for a bit, and then crashes to desktop. One time it stayed running long enough that I snapped out of it (I think the Disabling Shot debuff might have worn off) and it returned to the previous stutter every 2-3 seconds. Another Disabling Shot crashed it. I have not noticed an issue with any other skills.

If I fought mobs in the scene but didn't use Disabling Shot, I had no crashes.

Also, I was not having any of these issues in the Normal or Hard mode versions, or in any other scenes. It was only happening in Spindelskog Extreme.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to Spindelskog (Extreme) and fire disabling shot at something.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32734
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 4075
    SotA.Win.64.1276.Date.08.27.20
    Area: Mistrendur_R1_Spindelskog/Extreme
    Area Display Name: Spindelskog (Extreme)
    Loc: (-137.2, 214.7, 207.3)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMV9TcGluZGVsc2tvZ3xFeHRyZW1lfCgtMTM3LjE4NCwgMjE0LjcxMSwgMjA3LjI5Myl8KDAsIDAuODMzLCAwLCAwLjU1NCl8MTEzLjEzNzN8MTguMjY1NDd8Ny43NDE1MDI=

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  2. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

Same thing but in Ruins of Utheim when NPC cast spell Ice Field

In R80 everything was fine...

3. Katu

Katu Avatar

Same thing in Ruined Keep.
    I play fire mage.

I havent crashed even a single time in last 30 days, but today multiple times. So it seems to be something with latest patch.

NOTES:
    Everything goes fine, for a time. I can keep killing the normal mobs and nothing weird happens. It works fine at Mysterious swamp ( killing legendary and sobek ) and at Ruined keep.
    Could be related to killing high level boss, as the Ruined keep troll boss. Once it goes under 10k hp, things go south.
    I noticed that I get tiny bit more time before crash ( 10seconds ) If I have time to cancel my fire ring target reticle. After 10s ( or so ), fps 1 and some seconds later unity dies.

I continue testing/crashing, if I can get something more out of it.

4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Try /debug and see if you're getting warnings counting up.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Katu

Katu Avatar

I ran around the keep, killed bunch of trolls, named and normal with satyrs. Nothing wierd.
    After attacking the boss for a while, I died, got back up started to charge my fire ring, target reticle up and "Stackoverflow errors full of debug". With 0 Fps, I could not scroll nor study it anymore then crash.
    Ice Field might contribute

EDIT: Ice field definitely contribute. Team mate crashed seconds after I casted it first time to a boss of ruined keep

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Sara Dreygon and Anpu like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I know changes were made to disabling shot, i think Chris made changes to all slow effects.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

This is happening to me as well with disabling shot. my FPS and attacks are fine but once I use disabling shot I freeze up and crash.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Is this still an issue?

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No idea; haven't tried extreme mode since. I was waiting for scaling loot to happen, but as Chris is currently at least four degrees of distraction from the distraction which prevented him from getting around to it in the first place, I feel it is unlikely to happen in the near future. Next time I'm in the zone, I'll pop over to extreme and see.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Decided to hop on and go check it out. It doesn't seem to be happening anymore. At least, I was unable to trigger it. Did have an annoying instance of a ~6 minute fight with a shadow spider, whose corpse promptly dissolved away on death. It will take me days to get over the loss of 5 gold and 3 corpse wax.

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.