Game is missing major features - working on add ons instead? What is going on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smitty, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

It doesn't necessarily have to be about adding more items to a scene. I think it has more to do with determining the upper limit of all items, and finding a sensible way to divide it up among the different competing entities (player decoration, scene decoration, dropped items).

I don't know much about the specific culling library being used, but it doesn't appear to be based on line of sight, which is unfortunate.

Also, managing dropped items is an interesting problem. Ideally you'd want this to be dynamic. That is to say, the total number of allowable dropped items should be inversely proportional to the increase and decrease player decorations in a given area.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  2. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I'm also very sure there is a large chunk of users who wouldn't mind this feature to be binned for an increase in allowed house items...
    Don't get me wrong, I would love this feature, but since I want libraries and stuff as well, and want those more, I'd be in the group who'd rather bin random item dropping than see item limits further decreased!

So as usual Port get to walk that fine line where they need to find the best compromise for BOTH groups!

3. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

some customer feedback other way around:

and

and thats my opinion too

4. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

This thread is also locked pending review... Let's reign in the off topic bickering, mmmkay.

Cordelayne, Soulicide, Umbrae and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.