Game is...,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisdrain, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisdrain

chrisdrain Avatar

Not Very Exciting
    Lags
    Little/Zero Content
    Awkward/Small Map
    Awkward Crafting
    Pay to Play
    Rip Off
    PVP is pointless
    Playing is pointless
    Grind Fest
    Graphics Suck
    Small Community
    Tiny PVP spells and special moves

Age of Conan was better. I payed 50 dollars for that too. I am not dropping another cent into this turd. With a release date this year, they are going to rush everything and make this game even worse.

If you want to make a real game - talk to some real investors, not ripping off some kids for their allowance.

This game will be looking into my crystal ball a 3/10 at its highest.

Lets here it FanBoyz.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi welcome chrisdrain. and you can add game is: in development. This game won't launch until the end of the year of perhaps later. We still find many things to do. It helps to get involved if you are not a loaner.
    I went to an event tonight and had a blast. Anyway, best wishes and it will get better and better, content is not in yet, it will be terrific when it's done.:)

smack, Tahru, licemeat and 2 others like this.
  3. chrisdrain

chrisdrain Avatar

Thanks Majoria. This seems to be more of a money making scheme then a real development of a game. Saying things are going to get better only resonate for so long, and I fear that is just an empty promise.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well you are not a fan but no worries, I've been here since almost the beginning so I've seen the progress. We know and interract with the development team on a regular basis and easy to say what you see and some is true, but what's missing is the comparison of starting from before combat was even in at all. The team is extremely small. The next release is due out next week. The upgrade to the engine should be in next release so some graphical improvements will be coming in then. It is continually improving, and not done at all. I am sorry you feel it is a waste, but if you don't have a passion for it, you can always come back later, in the mean time I'm here. best wishes to you :)

smack, KuBaTRiZeS, Tahru and 5 others like this.
  5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

The game is in pre-alpha.

Graphics are EPIC

Content isn't in.

6. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

My crystal ball says it's only 3/10 done.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta, testing in general, is not for everyone.

8. chrisdrain

chrisdrain Avatar

Keep saying pre alpha... that's all I hear... but it isn't convincing in any sort of way. When the mechanics and map are flawed from the start, and any amount of "polish" won't help.

Luckily, I can be honest as I only have 49 dollars of skin in the game. So many corners have been cut and the dev team are appealing to everyone under the sun, that this game will be the worlds worst compromise.

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ah yes.. judging the final product based on the pre-alpha. *nod nod*

Little/zero content.. yup.. only about 20% is in last estimation.. that is by default what alpha is.. not having all the content in.. hell it's not even alpha.. 30% of the features aren't in either.

Been here since Day 1.. you won't find many kids around here.

10. chrisdrain

chrisdrain Avatar

Even if its just 20% done, I could burn through the entire finished game in 3 weeks. With 30% of the features missing I have played 70% of the game, and its not that good.

11. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Pre-Alpha Means the game is not finished. It's a reality that some people do not like to test, and wait for content to be finished. Best to wait until closer to release, when the features, story and crafting is actually more complete.

Some of us can see what this game is going to be because we have been following it for a long time.

We can see a game that will not hold your hand, and will have an epic story. It will have interactivity like we haven't seen since Ultima and Ultima Online.

BTW Welcome!

Ice Queen, smack, Tahru and 5 others like this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Alpha - Feature complete
    Beta - Content Complete
    Pre-Alpha - Take a wild guess. :)

It might not mean anything to you but it should. The only thing it should convince you of though is the game has a long way to go.. and everyone else knows it. You're judging an unfinished book by its cover and it's not productive by any means.

smack, Tahru, licemeat and 3 others like this.
  13. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Hi chrisdrain! I note your comments, they are obviously valid for you but not shared by the vast bulk of this vibrant and passionate community.

I just want to point out one thing: the traditional model of game development is that it is funded by a publishing house, which hopes to recoup their investment through sales once the game is complete. The downside of this is that the studio (= financier) has control. Ultima 8 and 9 both suffered from this - they were pushed out the door before they were ready to meet a studio-imposed deadline.

This game has a different model - being crowd-funded, the wages of the developers are being paid by those who care, and who are passionate about getting a good game - ie, us. By pledging - to whatever level you can or care to - you ensure the success and growth of the game. Not only that, but the developers interact with the community; many features of the game are there solely because we, the community, asked for them. The game is growing and developing, as majoria70 eloquently said, and it will be released when it is finished.

At present there is no overall plot or quest, full optimization has not been done so lag does exist, and many features have not even been built. Very many of us still find it hugely fun and absorbing, and the community is creating a raft of events. In that respect it feels like a fully fledged game.

If you would like to stay around a bit longer and see how the game develops, we welcome you. If you want to wait until it is a finished product, fair enough. But if you truly feel as irredeemably negative as your post suggests, you may prefer to look elsewhere. Happy travels, wherever you go!

smack, nibiruman, Grimace2 and 2 others like this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Of course not! Nothing has even been balanced yet! And 3 weeks isn't that bad for a single player game. I burn through most finished games I play in 1 week. That's what online play is for.

Just what do you expect out of a pre-alpha anyway? Most games you're lucky to even see beta.

Asclepius and Lord Baldrith like this.
  15. chrisdrain

chrisdrain Avatar

So the crowd source model has zero accountability to financial backers. What makes sure anything gets done aside from someones reputation?

16. chrisdrain

chrisdrain Avatar

Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta - there all just a marketing ploy. This game is marketed by selling to people "on the ground level".

Its great because the game is never going to have to meet any real milestones and can hide behind that definition.

17. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Locked Pending Review.

To quote DarkStarr from a different thread:

Tahru, nibiruman, Umbrae and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.