Game Master (GM) Potion Request Procedures

Discussion in 'One-Time Events' started by Elgarion, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Shroud of the Avatar has an amazing in-game consumable for player event holders -- the Potion of Temporary GM Powers! Players wishing to enhance their in-game community event by having GM Powers at their disposal need to do the following:
    • Post the details of the in-game community event in either the One-Time Events or Recurring Events forums.
    • Contact Elgarion on the forums to request a potion for your event. Also provide a link to the event forum thread.
    Please keep in mind, we will be closely monitoring use of these potions. Any reported abuse will get thoroughly investigated. If we find there was abuse in use of these potions, the event holder will no longer be eligible to receive any Potions of Temporary GM Powers.

Here's a list of the current powers provided by the Potion of Temporary GM Powers:
    (Syntax Key: <> = require parameter, [ | ] = parameter choices)
    • /teleport <x y z> - Moves the Player GM to specified coordinate within the zone. (Do not use commas!)
    • /fly (or /slew) - allows a Player GM to fly within the scene. /slew again will drop player at new location. BEWARE! do not disable slew from high altitude ... Death is not pretty. TIP: try using the mouse wheel to change speed while flying)
    • /summonplayer <playername> - Where playername is the character name to summon. Summons a player to your exact location. (summoned player will experience a loading screen) TIP: For better immersion, take a step or two away from where you were when summoning, so they don't appear on top of you!
    • /timescale <#> - Where # = the speed to set. range: (0-4, and fractions within) for example: 2 doubles the speed of the scene, where .5 will set half speed.
    • /ghost <true|false> - using the "true" option makes the Player GM invisible. To become visible again, issue the command again with "false" or without an option.
    • /teleportto <playername> - Moves the Player GM to exact location of target player as long as the player is in the same scene as you.
    • /zoneto <playername> - Teleport the Player GM to another player who is in a different scene
    • /resurrect <[playername|me]> - Brings another player or yourself back from the dead
    • /setweather <[Clear|LightClouds|HeavyClouds|LightPrecipitation|HeavyPrecipitation|Storm|Foggy]>
    I still can't seem to get the syntax right on this, but I finally do have a robust list of monster names (more to come):
    • /summonmonster <# creaturename> (we will provide a list)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Sole, Net, Sonja and 5 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll update this further as new GM commands are brought to my attention.

Net and FrostII like this.
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Any word on when this is getting an update?

Net likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

I would like to see a command like:
    • /teleportplayer <playername> - Moves the target player to exact location of Player GM as long as the player is in the same scene as you.
    No need for loading screen of summon command if the players are in the same zone.

... and yes the list of creature names GMs can summon would be handy, have not seen Vortex Llamas in a while.

PS: How long does the effect of the potion last? Is it one hour?

5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Duration is an important question as above,

a couple commands I would consider very valuable for adventure design would be the ability to disguise as any creature, (you could effectively become a character in game and conduct yourself accordingly. (especially being able to talk as that character!)
    2, being able to set your stats according to the characters you are DMing for. "come and get me!" kind of thing?
    3, being able to place an object on the ground, if invisible you could place a note on the ground as a hint that blew in on the wind etc etc.