Game together: Farming

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by zerothis, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

I realize batch sow, harvest, and water and public gardens are in the works. So this might be null.

Suppose I could flag my property as "help wanted" and aquire and assign an overseer (modified vendor) to it. Passers by could ask what I pay for farming (one wage for sowing, watering, or harvesting seems good). Players would piecework contract with the vendor for pay or harvest percentage at their option. Players would be lent tools and seeds, (that I provide, if not then I'm a bad boss, or an evil one who has another vendor on the lot selling 200g hoes and 40g seeds) and have access to farming resources on the property. Should they try to leave with my tools or seeds, it would be treated the same as theft. All farming resources would be confiscated and the justicar would fine the standard amount or less (to 0) at my option.

Note, we're not exactly gaming together yet. So on to the next part.

A party leader can contract with the overseer. Party scaling bonuses for agriculture.

Chat, trade, combat. Why should an MMO have so few activities for multiple players?

Spoon likes this.
  2. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hmm this isn't exactly what you want but I know some folks sell cheap wood and if you refine it and sell it back via a work order they are paid for the refined item. It gives the person some money for the time they spent refining and their fuel based on what I read from the person that posted this, and gives the landowner the refined materials. I want to say this was @Vladamir Begemot but may be wrong.

Anyway that is one idea that may work with what you are trying to do so maybe talk with him.

Another idea is kinda what I am doing in Diamond Fields. I have a village lot with some greenhouses and exterior planters that I allow town residents to share via permissions on the lot. They manage themselves in using this 'free' land to grow what they want without stepping on each other of course, but its kind of a public garden for the residents.

You will find that folks right now are not growing 24/7 and some of these ideas may give you inspiration to come up with new ones.

3. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

Both your real examples are good. I'd like to see SotA have tools to formalize them _and add the party scale bonus_. Mainly, so it is a widely known occurrence so all players are presented with these options. But also so it can easily occur between player who haven't met before without to much fuss. When the game is officially release, we could get tens of thousands of new players. Throw a gustball at random and you'll not likely hit anyone you know. And, that fact should not preclude gaming together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.