Gate Entrances and Scripted Emotes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by oplek, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

I have two separate wishes.

The first is fairly straight forward - the direction that you face when entering a city/town establishes which gate you enter. For instance, if you approach/enter the town facing east, you arrive at the east gate (if any).

That may help alleviate some cumbersomeness of the game in a way that is compatible with the world.

Secondly, I wish we could minimally script emotes. They're fun, but I rarely use them because you either have to open the window, or have them memorized and type them into chat (which may be annoying depending on what you're already doing).

It doesn't have to be anything fancy... like the ABC files, maybe it could just load from a plain text file when the client starts. Here's a couple examples (one per line in this text file).

IDLE 600 sit
    - if you're idle for longer than 600 seconds, do the "sit" emote

KILL red 2 zombie
    - if you kill an NPC that's red to you, and you are out of combat longer than 2 seconds, do the "zombie" emote.

... dumb things like that... just to make more use of the emotes.

2. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

Oh man, would love the town entry feature, +1

3. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

I can't Like these two separate wishes enough...

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I like this idea! It goes hand in hand for what I have wished for over the last couple years. I want in addition to the script emote, I would like to be able script the bubble text also. You "emote" and then say "die zombie scum" or what ever. I have lobbied for this in the past. I would like to be able to script text to spells also, just like you where able to in UO. when you cast fireball "burn in hell you son of a *****" or what ever you want to tie to the spell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.