Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gathering is not OK.

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by ID_, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ID_

ID_ Avatar

Here the things i don't like:
    1. Gathering speed differs a lot - Field dressing much faster then others.
    2. With maxed skills i have about 50% success rate with Obsidian/Elder Wolves and others 200 Exp nodes. So now it is impossible to hunt and gather at the same location. I need to spent 2-3 more time to gather items then to kill mobs. Also no need to gather resources at high level maps due to this difficulties.

Why not to add attack speed modifier to gathering? So high speed char will gather faster.

Max Lee likes this.
  2. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

I agree with gathering difficulty and I find your opinion regarding applying attack spped value to gathering speed, though I disagree with the idea itself.

Gathering craft material is somewhat frustrating and time consuming in SotA as of now, but I believe this is a matter that will be rebalanced and after crafting system itself set up. Nonetheless, time consumption of gathering materials is punishingly long and dull, which definately requires change.

Gathering speed however, it's totally different, because amongst crafting skill tree there's 'proficiency' for each gathering skill and I believe this is something that has to do with gathering speed.
    We don't attack maple wood or animal hide, but it's a fun idea anyway.
    However dudes carrying big sword and heavy armor can't harvest woods faster than faster and leaner dudes doesn't seem very appealing to me...

3. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Hmm.. I haven't noticed any problems gathering once I filled out my gathering skill tree with points.. though I've only tested chopping trees so far, I doubt the others work any differently, seeing how they have the same basic skill sets.
    I was getting 90-100% success, and looted multiple resources from the same node more often than not. Seems to work really well.

4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Funny, I don't really find field dressing so much fast over mining. It's about the same except for sulpherous ash which is like instant.

5. Veronica

Veronica Avatar

My observation/experience at the moment with Production level 19: while skinning Bear Patriarch and mining copper veins in the same area of Deep Ravenswood, I have a 42% chance to succeed on both. Each of these gathering 'nodes' yield 200 crafting experience. I am using basic vendor bought Pickaxe and Skinning Knife. Results are the same wearing a full set of augmented plate armor or wearing nothing at all (naked). All Mining and Field Dressing skill points are maxed out (i.e., 5/5/10/10 in each).

Testing this in game at the moment, skinning a Bear Patriarch takes me 1.0 seconds while mining a copper ore node just a few feet away takes me 8.0 seconds.

Clearly, all sorts of variables can be debated about (having to kill a NPC for skinning but not mining but one can AoE farm hide and not mining nodes, etc., etc.) but if we're just talking pure gathering speed at the node point, field dressing is 8 times faster for me.

6. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Gathering & crafting is ridiculously out of balance & has been since it's creation. When the Devs actually spend any length of time on it it should improve as it really can't get any worse.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

As Dorham said it is defiantly a work in progress and the progress so far is AWSOME, The fact that you have to be in the clear before you can gather is AWSOME.

As for the parts of the skills, as they are tweaked it should work out in the long run as it is now level 10 skill with level 30+ really doesn't make much of change, AS IT SHUOLD BE :)

Small changes on Speed and Searching are a GOOD thing.

Should make HUGE difference when actually crafting thow Level 1 = mayber +1 attack out of what is now +10 attack and low success at +2 to get +10 Attack speed out of copper should REQUIRE skill 10 and levl 30 AT MINIMUM and still only mayber 50% success At level 1 level 10 it should be impossible to craft a +10 attack speed copper item. Just my thinking :cool:

It should NOT be easy to just stand there and Gut a wolves if there are other wolves in the area.

8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I absolutely LOVE crafting and gathering and the direction it's heading. Here, take more money

9. Wyr

Wyr Avatar

I noticed that your % chance are determined by your skills, Prd level and Adv level. I'm at 52 Adv and 17 Prd and I can spend points to maximize 2 out of the 4 gathering systems. I have tried Field Dressing, Mining and Gathering. From my experience, ressources that gives 200xp are much faster to level than 50xp ones. I agree that it's sometimes frustrating to miss like 7 times in a row, however I sometimes get 1000xp from a single node. With max skills, it doesn't take that long and you get about 50% in my level. First of all, not a bad system for me. Second, have to see a lvl 100 character chances, and also account for magical tools that currently doesn't exist.

Veronica likes this.
  10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

They do, and they affect gathering chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.