Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gathering water (Agriculture refining tree only has 3 skills...)

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by mystarr, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

With the new refining skills in this update, all of the refining skill trees now have 4 skills except agriculture...
    Agriculture got some love a while back with the noticeable oversight of gathering water.

Please consider adding a 4th skill to the agriculture refining tree to help with the soul crushing task of gathering water.

Sentinel2, Zeetocht, Numa and 14 others like this.
  2. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

Oh for the love of the Sun... YES. This. 1000 Times this.

Chatele and Hornpipe like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

+1

Chatele and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Last Sunday I was painting my nails, while talking with my little daughter, and every few seconds I pushed the "e" key to let my toon get more water from the well. After a while my daughter asked why I was doing this, and when I explained, she said "That's one dumb game". She is five years old.

Sentinel2, Zeetocht, Addison and 16 others like this.
  5. mass

mass Avatar

The other idea I've seen on this, which I think might be better is to have your watering skill allow you to water more plants per bucket.

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm still wondering why watering the plants is necessary at all, since it rains several times per day, even in the desert.

7. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

or just make it so that one bucket is consumed with the watering skill ?

8. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Yes! And maybe toss out some producer XP as well.

Chatele and mass like this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This made my night, hilarious! Leave it to the innocence of youth to point out the blatantly obvious sometimes lol! :D

10. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Can’t you just buy the buckets of water now for 2 gold each?

11. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I assume agriculture will be expanded upon with fertiliser. It is optional on the recipes. Perhaps the 4th skill will be for that (to increase yield like the other refining 4th skills) ?

Also, with regards to gathering water, any player even a low level one can make gold fast enough such that it is more efficient to buy the water at 2G each from a npc merchant. I always buy my water when doing bulk, and only grab water from a well if I am a couple short and don't want to run to the merchant to buy more.

12. Curt

Curt Avatar

Make craftable buckets that holds more water when you take it from the source?

13. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Were they not planning on letting rain assist in watering your plants?
    This would alleviate the trivial nature of watering plant outdoors.

However, this would do nothing for folks using green houses.

Numa likes this.
  14. mass

mass Avatar

Or basements ;)

Numa likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks for the reminder about getting water. It seems to have been forgotten to do something about it or lower on the priority list since it does work but you have to spend forever doing it if you want to or can't afford to buy water. ;)

I like the out of the box ideas being mentioned on this thread. I have great hopes for agriculture one day to be more interesting. Things that are fun with fertilizer and maybe playing music or talking to plants or house plants helps them grow and it will say your plant is happy or your plant is diseased or dying if you mouse over it.

I know we all have Lots of ideas for agriculture like Maybe you combine plants to create a new plant and gain knowledge of a recipe and it is rare and can only be discovered this way and is random. Ok ok getting of topic ;)

16. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

+ googolplex

17. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    We have electrical kobold inventions. Why not some sort of plumbing system that is rigged with a switch we could hit to water like 6 (or more) items at once?
    You know fill the hopper with buckets or some such. Or make it auto draw from the wells? This plumbing system could also bring water to the basement.

You could also argue that growing crops in a basement is hard to do without sunlight. Unless you were to start hydroponics.

Before you know it someones going to be growing 'halfing leaf' or 'hobbit leaf' in their basement. Since it will likely
    need the inventions of Kobolds, perhaps it will be 'Kobold leaf'.

Zeetocht likes this.
  18. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Windmill water pumps perhaps?

Zeetocht, Addison, Numa and 2 others like this.
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Personally, I would prefer they just let us craft a "Kobold Sprinkler System" that we just need to click once and it waters a large area of planting beds at once... maybe 1 or 2 would cover an entire green house?

The device would essentially be drawing from it's own well or connected to the well on your property, and thus no need to collect the water yourself.

I love planting and harvesting with the new agriculture skills, but water gathering is still monotonous and time consuming.

I have a town lot with 6 green houses on it. I could fit more pots in the extra spaces, but I just limit them to the planting beds that fit in them. They total 444 planting spots in total. So, to plant 444 seeds, I need 888 just for the planting and initial water, then another 888 for the second 2 waterings for optimal yield. That's a total of 1776 buckets of water for one cycle of planting.

Do you know how long it takes to gather 1776 buckets, 1 at a time? Well, it takes approximately 7 seconds per bucket x 1776 = 12,432 seconds / 60 sec = 207.2 minutes / 60 minutes = 3.45 hours. More like 4 hours with being distracted and missing the perfect timing you would need to do that. Keeping your concentration for that long is nearly impossible.

4 hours of constant monotonous keyboard clicking is not what I call a fun way to enjoy a game either. :eek: Now that I think about it, it probably really is better to just go kill stuff for an hour and make enough gold to buy the water and save me 3 hours of grief.

But yea, I'd like that sprinkler system that draws its own water please.

20. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

I really only gather water when I am using a training dummy, during the time to recover focus. Probably one of the reasons I don't grow much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.