Gear for an Archer (I'm baaa-aaaack...)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I thought everything got a DR "buff" due to a bugfix a few months ago. Ghosts are also super hard now, even the weak ones in tier 2-3 zones took forever to kill. Either way, the highest I could hit a dragon for was a little over 100. I used to be able to get crits between 200-300.

Certainly, some of that may change once I get myself some up to date gear.

As for bandit gear... *Sigh.* I like my pretty purple leather elf armor. I suppose maybe I could keep the bandit stuff on a boss deck and only switch when needed. I'm still surprised at how ugly almost all of the armor in the game is. Especially the leather stuff. One of my favorite things in ESO is being able to unlock styles and use them instead of what you're wearing for visuals.

Rentier likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well. Overall, it seems like I can again do some of the things I could do before the big archery nerf. At the time, a ton of content I could do before became completely impossible. Not sure exactly what's changed.

Though, the stuff I can do again (like dragons, daemons, the Rise, parts of Tartarus) takes waaay longer now. The daemons in Blackblade took me almost half an hour, and I died twice. It was never a fast battle for me before, but that's not worth it. Archer room in the Rise is still a no-go, though I can do the mage room again. (Albeit much more slowly.) Not really sure how I feel about that. I mean, I guess I can do stuff, but it's not really worth it.

And when the hell did skeletons get super buffed? I know liches did (which was dumb- I completely get that they're supposed to be tough boss-type creatures, but then they sprinkled low level ones everywhere as trash mobs- so when they decided to make them all super strong, all those places became littered with mini-bosses) but it looks like the high end skellies all got double xp. That kinda sucks.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Barugon and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I found the maze in Tartarus. Do any particular satyrs drop bandit stuff, or any of them can?

4. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

The higher level ones have a greater percentage but i'm pretty sure all in the maze can drop the pieces. Several upper end zones got some boosts to compensate for how badly the fire mages were wrecking them. You didnt get nerfed or fell behind as much as they made those zones mentioned harder.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, getting kinda sick of that crap. Directly or indirectly, it's still a nerf. When I crawl and scratch my way up the ladder one day a week for two years, and the fix for other people being too good is to keep knocking me down a few rungs rather than give them something better to do, it's a nerf.

Barugon likes this.
  6. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Yeah, they made the zones harder. They would give more XP now, if you were actually capable of belting through them like before, which you aren't.

As players get better, and players learn the trick of having 5 godlike players in key rolls on a team then filling out the ranks to twelve with other players with moderate DPS and/or secondary healers, we will see an eventual boost in the use of those zones to XP farm again.

First we need more godlike players, though.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.