Gems...?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by ConjurerDragon, Jan 30, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't think I ever implied you couldn't socket bows, just that the gem procs for attunement gems weren't working. Or, they didn't at one time, and I had not seen that they had been fixed. I would try myself on QA, but I'd have to download like six months of updates first.

FBohler and Barugon like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You are correct, while you CAN place Gems on ranged weapons (can at least increase your attunement), the specific enchant effects you can place on items when socketed with a specific gem do not work with ranged weapons. Just never actually TRIED that before (tried Longbow and Crossbow). Can only add the regular stat effects and weapon durability effectiveness. Just as of Release 110.

I specifically used Longbows and Crossbows socketed with Theurgy Gem. Did not see Galvanic Blast or Gust enchant show in the listing at all. Just the usual stat enchant effects.

Cora Cuz'avich likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Wait - I thought only the socketed gem would enable the option to add the Gust of Wind and other specials? Or do you mean you never socket before enchanting because you never use any of those options?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You need to read the other comments.

FBohler likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Probably that. No sense in potentially wasting the gem if you don't want (or are an archer and can't get) the procs. Also, the unwanted procs will then dilute the pool of possible effects you do want.

FBohler, Barugon and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.