Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

General Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

These changes are the result of looking at the game thru a lens that is focuses on the top 1% and from a PvP POV. As a result you have changes that are drastically non functional. There are at least two changes I can see that have simply broken certain aspects of the game. In then end the affects are not going to hinder the top 1% in any way but a minor hiccup nor will they balance PvP. PvPers will just change tactics and adopt another template of the day. Normal players are doing nothing but getting upset, since the changes have affected them by simply destroying skills they have worked pretty had to obtain.

Yeah this is negative feedback but simply gathered from general feelings I see floating around.

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 I completely agree @Weins201. I will never be that top 1% and I hate PvP, all this has done is made the game more of a grindfest with the added bonus of dying more in lower tier levels; while at the same time costing more money to repair my gear! Yay, fun times!

3. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

And don't forget bout the death penalty!!!

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I completely disagree. I see recent changes as nothing more then fixing blatant math errors and has nothing to do with what you purpose. In fact, they would target the 1% far greater then the average player.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

All I can say to this is in no way are any of the changed to DR or the AI for archers going to even present a minor speed bump to any of the top 1% if they even notice it at all. Sure they might tweak their used skills here or there but is so minor it is laughable.

Just look at the forums they are speaking for themselves.

I can only imagine what the none Port forums look like - shudders at the thought of even opening one?

Ffred, Oyjord Hansen, By Tor and 2 others like this.
  6. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

Starman is correct in this instance while the max dr% reduction is offensive and makes plate more useless than it was before the top 1% were the only ones who were truly abusing and maxing out the amount of damage they could absorb so it does affect them more than the casual player.....however that's not to say it isn't a pretty big hit to everyone because even getting hit for 30% more of a hit at lower numbers still adds up quite fast in most situations of solo play where anyone not playing a ranged class never gets to fight 1 on 1 with enemies because of game design

7. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

If the math was actually transparent to us maybe there wouldn't be so many issues and problems could be caught much quicker.

Vyrin and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The math is pretty clear: you stop up to your DR of physical damage but not more than the max %. Let's say that your DR is 30 and your max is 50%:
    • You get hit for 30 points. Your DR is 30 but you can only stop up to 50% of the damage, so you receive 15.
    • You get hit for 50 points. Your DR would reduce that by 30 but you're limited to 50%, so you receive 25.
    • You get hit for 60 points. Your DR reduces the damage by 30, you receive 30.
    • You get hit for 100. Your DR reduces that by 30, you receive 70.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  9. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

I mean like the actual formulas in the tooltips when you hover over a stat for example.

Spoon, Barugon and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe it says something to that effect (maybe not so clear) when you hover your mouse over DR in the character window.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  11. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

My general assessment of R53 is pretty bad so far. Devotionals don't work. Npc bad guys are doing way too much damage (ridiculous damage). Loot tables (at least in off line mode) don't even seem like any kind of adjustment.

I love playing this game, but am feeling like just sitting it out for a few days until they actually start fixing some of this stuff. And the longer I sit out a game, the more likely I am to just wander off and find something else to play.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, some of the changes are a bit baffling.
    The "loot improvements" are basically weighing us down with millions of junk deco items with no value whatsoever. About as useful as looting (and immediately destroying) 20-30 torches every time I go fight anywhere for any length of time. I'm ok with the extra armor bits in the loot table, that is somewhat sensible, but c'mon - in a couple hours fighting tonight, I looted:

A dozen or so of:
    • Jars of various color
    • ceramic bowls, cups
    • wooden bowls, cups
    • pewter bowls, cups
    • bottles of various sizes
    • vials of various sizes
    • candles
    • rusty pans, forks, ladles, plates, spoons
    • dirty rolling pins, spoons, cutting boards
    • random sack of flour? not sure where that came from
    • 23 paintings (split across 6 different styles) all of which are npc buyable. If these sold for a fraction of what the npc charged, they'd be good loot. But no, value = 20. Seriously?
    • several different types of shovel
    • test tubes filled and empty, test tube racks
    • beakers and flasks of various sizes
    • a pitchfork
    • TWO plows (this was in a kobold's pocket?)
    • A dozen or so grey supply bundles, all of which had garbage food in them (no recipes)
    • 3 or 4 yellow bundles all of which had garbage food in them (no recipes)
    Nearly all of these items have a sell value of 1-2 gold, if that.

What can I even say
    MORE is not BETTER
    JUNK is not GOOD LOOT
    Getting some player's 0/0 dura cast off crafted gear that was so bad that the best thing to do with it was npc vendor it for 50 gold, is not good loot.

I saw all of this stuff, and it feels like I just rampaged through the local community yard sale and scooped up all their crappy housewares and used clothes!

Add to that that combat just got a lot harder, and a lot riskier with the defensive nerfs, and well, you start to ask yourself what's the point.

13. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

The one positive thing is I actually managed to get to Rinzai today (pretty sure that's your town, unless I'm confusing it with someone else). Was a nice village. It's also where I discovered the devotionals aren't working after this patch.

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well that's good ;) Its Grifflers town, really, but its where me and all my stuff live ^.^.
    Strangely, the devotionals are working fine for me...

Luca Xante and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

It's double XP. Find some easy place to farm or play while the patches come. It's business as usual for me since the changes don't affect me but I understand the feeling.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes this is actually common for a few days of a new release and not just for this game. Happy journeys to you. See you when you get back. ;) I have plenty to do in game since I have a project I am working on for a music hall and theater.

Luca Xante likes this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am using at least 6 - 12 repair kits an hour fixing while my max durability is chugging down. I went back to founder basic armor to reduce that expense.

By Tor and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I know it's insane. It's the first time I have ever had both my sword, leggings, gauntlets and boots all damaged at the same time. When I first saw the icon pop up on the right side of my screen I initially thought, "Ah well, bound to happen after all these deaths." then to my horror I noticed it wasn't just my sword and a piece of armor...it was my sword and multiple pieces of armor, lol.

This release, boy I tell ya, it has not been easy! I love Shroud, but this really makes it tough to want to play.

By Tor and Brewton like this.
  19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Dear Devs,

I really appreciate your timing the nerf of damage resistance :eek: and the increased NP difficulty :eek: so that they fall during my vacation. Please fix it by the time I get back on May 14. :)

Thank you in advance, Kara

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Rada Torment, By Tor, Ffred and 4 others like this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I made the original post yesterday afternoon , fairly early on and I went out and did a little exploring and I noticed I was not affected very much from the DR change but did notice a massive reduction in the effects of the AI of the new ranged mobs. I can easily defeat them with a very simple tactic.

The added lo0t is nothing but an joke - sorry there is no nice way to say it but jars and silverware as loot?

Changes to Crafting - not many can appreciate it yet but soon some are going to see how damaging the change is. I mean the ability to craft items with 20+ attempts at masterworking / enchanting is just plain B-A-D for the crafting community.

I have heard nothing but' player are gone, pushed off the fence, will not play because, . . . .

All because of what - exactly what the first few lines of my OP say -

The crafting one was brought up in QA by a lot of players, as needing to be fixed. It is even acknowledged to be something that is going to be changed but not for a month.

ITYS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.