Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

General Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Another thing I know there are so many thing broken with this publish that honestly all the development should be doing it working to fix them.

Devotional
    Overweight bug
    health bug (very very old)
    AI for the newer ranged critters
    and SOOOO many more issues both major and minor

any time spent "socializing" is counter productive.

Sorry

If needed I will happily take on a bug and try and narrow it down just give me the how I will try and figure out the why again.

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive been reporting the health bug now for 1.5 years (well, I gave up for the past 6 because its not fixed). But the odd thing is they fixed it a few times right after persistence and then it comes back the next release. This bug is the most annoying bug, I have to log out of the Rise once an hour to get my health back. I have like 15 rise streams up now in my twitch channel that you can see me doing it all the time.

3. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

I’m pretty new to the game (level 52) and I’d like to offer a new players perspective on the stats balancing. Overall, I really like SotA.

I find the stats balance in most games I’ve played (e.g. Skyrim) result in them being too easy. It doesn’t take long and my character is essentially a god with nothing to challenge him, which gets boring fast.

In SotA, OMG that is not the case. It’s way at the other end of the extreme. I’m patient, but at the development pace I’m seeing it’s going to take somewhere close to forever for my character to get powerful enough to experience the advanced areas, which currently seems to be most of the games content.

I’m pretty patient, and I have a lot of time to play each day, so if I’m struggling this much I can only imagine how it must feel to other new players with less time to invest in the game.

So, in summary, while I’m too new to offer the technical analysis many others have shared, I offer the general observation that the character development slope felt way too steep even before R53.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, I think the idea is that you know, it's a sandbox, you progress the main quests until they get too difficult, and then you do some grinding. You meet some players that help you grind XP.
    You figure out how to get the gear you want. You figure out how to game the rather bad AI at times...
    The only thing that is really off limits to you for an extended period is competetive PvP. You can just forget about that for another 50 levels or so.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I would like to see a proof and not some kind of supposed average gut feeling. We had far more than enough rage average gut feeling posts during the 52 release in ea.
    Gimme numbers or stop posting itys.

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Not sure you can have balance between new and old players in a game where skill is 85% of player power and gear counts only for 15% . Two players meet one plays for a year the other 2 months old ... how do you expect to balance that ? The only way you can do it is either through gear ( the 2 months old player can have better gear then the veteran this way you can close in the gap ) or you can have areas where the skill progress made by the veteran player is simply put NULLIFIED. Guess which was chosen. They need to work more on balancing skills vs gear power and not nullifying people progress . A new player can aquire very powerfull gear in day 1 ..he will never get the xp a 1 year player has in day one.

That in my view is a better solution to balance things and downsize the gap between the new and the old .

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

never said between old and new was very specific about looking to balance the game looking at it from the view from the top 1% and / or PvP POV

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

And the devs are planning to make rain and snow slow us down and rust our armor ! Eventually I'll have to pay real money because it cost me more to adventure than what I bring back... the loot is all junk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.