Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

General feedback

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by Pleione, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Hi all... I've been playing since around release 12 or so. As of 18, I'm happy to say the game is getting a lot better.

I play solo, and have two "sore" points:

1) Spiders - respawn too quick and WAY too large of an agro area - a bit op with both a freeze and distance attack, but I can deal with that.

2) Death penalty - losing 20 stats for 90 seconds or so seems like a double penalty. First I have to wait around to respawn (or tire, exit the game, and come back in), then come back in just to be a cripple. In tight areas, like Owl's nest, that double penalty gets you killed since those damn spiders find you the instant you come back (did I mention the spider agro area problem?)

3) Night mode when on the greater map. Does it really serve a purpose?

4) When attacked from behind, why doesn't my toon turn around and defend?

5) Someway in Single Player mode to tell the difference between real towns, with useful NCPs, vs. "revenue towns" that are just lots for sale.
    Cheers!

Budner likes this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Cassey!

3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Yea this is something I was also wondering... I thnk it is a good point.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I'm with you here. I would be ok with a slight darkening of the overland map to let me know it is night, but not the current lighting that makes it extremely difficult to see where I'm going.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

I view the overland map to be an integral part of the game, hopefully where meaningful discoveriea and encounters are to be had as in the original ultimas. So why not have a day/night cycle? A no frills point a to point b style of map seems even less interesting to me.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

There are going to be roving encounters that you'll have to avoid at night, and PvP encounters versus players, where some player might need to hide. For example, RG talked at one point about contraband quests and bounty hunting. A player with Moon Magic might be able to stealth or use night vision.

Its really on the overland for the same purpose that its in scenes.

7. rob2

rob2 Avatar

night wouldn't be so bad if it weren't devastatingly dark. Honestly, I quite often log when it's dark now. In r17, you could go into the video menu and toggle an obscure video setting to make the game playable, but they're "fixed" that workaround.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The lighting on the overland map really needs some tweaking. It was so much better in the previous releases.

Also nights on the overland map do serve purposes as others already pointed out. Aside from enounters there may be secrets or even scenes that you will discover during nights only. Also night on the overland map indicates night in the scenes, too.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.