General PvE Skills

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Xandra7, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Would a player, who never wants to associate with the pvp crowd, be inefficient and unable to experience rewards of raising certain skills. Be limited what they can or can not do with in that craft in friends open mode.

Since we do not know all the skills that are available I'll use Treasure Hunting and Animal Taming as an example. -Will "Carebears" be "Forced to accept PvP" when they go on a high level Treasure Hunt? Will an Animal Tamer be "Forced to accept PvP" if he/she wants to tame the more unusual or better animals?

Could we please get some more information about the PvE Friends only side of the game.
    After reading the pvp forums they almost have me believing that the only in-game areas where you wont have to deal with pk'ers are the Newbie starting towns and Personal story.

2. smack

smack Avatar

They've said that there will be contested resource nodes as well, and those would open you up to PvP. Like the super rare resources that only spawn at night when the moon is full, would potentially open you up to PvP.

However, they didn't say how that would be dealt with if you dropped into SPO or FPO mode and did those same quests or entered those same contested resource nodes. In those modes, especially SPO, there are no other players, so there's no chance of getting PKed. I would imagine instead, it's simply NPCs/MOBs that are going to hunt you down.

I would expect however, that even in OPO mode, there is a balance to those types of quests or resources such that there are equivalent zones and resources that are non-PvP, but are just as dangerous to that player in some way. Keep the risk and reward the same, but the manner in which the risk is presented is different to the non-PvP player.

They can't force PvP as a means of skill progression -- they'd have to offer alternatives, especially given SPO mode.

3. Robert Reise2

Robert Reise2 Avatar

@Xandra7 I found something for you :D. Richard answered this in detail in this Dev chat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Vbf5DDz2w&feature=g-user-u

He basically said that in no way will your ability to pvp or not pvp affect the potential rewards, items content you can access to in the game. He understands that there are people who don't want to pvp and he doesn't want to punish anyone for that. He said the only thing that would be different is the way you go about acquiring the items. If you don't want to pvp you would only have 1 less option to get the items, rewards or content in question. Pvp sticking to only pvp or pve would not limit your usefulness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.