Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

General R45 feedback

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I have not played too much recently and still mostly have been focused on intro to player experience.

targetting system still feels weak and the new tab option seems pointless. Suggest to change tab toggle to tab hold (better for action IMHO).

Remove the centre screen cross hairs mode as nothing in the game is designed for physics based interaction.

Objects and enemy need to be clicked to be acquired, or acquired via another means such as them attacking you.

Too many individual abilities, stacking functionality isn't rewarding enough, or, requires the player to hide somewhere and apply buffs with a buffing hand of glyphs. This kind of game play is interesting but because it's not a intentional design I think it should be considered as design not finished.

Decks of glyphs are out of control and the free range of possibility IMHO hurts the system and leaves it seem not finished. I find it less fun trying to cram over 50 abilities into one deck with out restriction. Suggest applying more limitation to abilities which are allowed to be played in a same deck, such as making certain specialities require more discipline. Such as reworking the combat stances into something like this.

Death mode is seems terrible (I even submitted some audio to change the immersion in this mode). This mode could benefit to intergration with Death magic, start adding objects in death mode in the world and consider the possibily of more Death exploration in some areas only. Make 'finding the ankh' more of a skill-testing challenge than it currently is. minigame potential here

Make the gate portals more prominent in the game and don't let small underground passages travel enormous distances on the overland map.

The overland map could benefit from curvature of the surface so the world appears more like being on a planet.

Consider changing run from 'double tap' to more traditional 'shift' key. Also consider adding more elements of steath game such as the 'gentle walk' - which can activate subterfuge skill(s).

In general I would like Portalarium to keep trying new ideas just to see if it's good or not.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Numa and Quenton like this.
  2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Agree with all of these points, however if changing targetting from toggle to hold (even by default - that's not a bad idea), I'd like the option to "switch off" hold and keep toggle.

I'm not sure that I'd prefer hold mode, and if I didn't, I wouldn't want to favour one targetting mode and have to hold tab almost-forever.

3. Numa

Numa Avatar

Wholeheartedly agree too on this point. Maybe a hidden underground portal to connect the catacombs but not via hundreds of miles of tunnels. @mike11 hit the nail on the head.

Hermetic likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I would like this change to be made.

The system allows you to control the amount abilities you want based on your own personal discipline. I have 15 glyphs in my deck. Try using fewer abilities.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not trying to be pedantic but you're avatar runs by default. A double tap and hold of the W key causes your avatar to sprint. To toggle walk mode, you need to press the slash key on the numeric keypad. Other than that, I agree that a modifier key would make sprinting much easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.