Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Get rid of battle banners

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Gubbles, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

These battle banners are about as unsightly as the Ankh tower house I created a few releases ago. I propose we get rid of them and refund the money spent. Alternatively, let's reduce the size and dramatically decrease the glow, and set maximum quantity to one.

2. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

I'm not too fond of them either. I find them quite immersion breaking. I can understand having them as a gameplay mechanic for control points, but not scattered throughout the villages/towns.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Tarsin. I am surprised. I always thought you were very open to decorating freedom. I actually really like the look of the battle banners although I will probably not buy one, but you never know.;)

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am thinking of getting one so if we have an event in the Duchy of Dara Brae in one of the outskirt home lots, it gives you a chance in finding it.

Ours are spaced out by the devs so everone has a chance at a country feel home where your neighbor is close but not on top of you.

Flying Wolf, Tarsin and steanne like this.
  5. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Its not a problem in player owned towns cous we can controll what peaple build and what not.

Duke Raas and Tarsin like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Um NOPE leave them alone - don't like it don't get one Own a POT and don't like them ban them.

They are nice and can actually serve a purpose for RP events, sorry you dint like them

If oyu have one and don't want it let me know ill work something out with ya if you cannot refund it :)

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

To be honest about this, I never liked the pillar of light even at control point areas, never mind in people's lots. At control points, I find they scream "this is a game" and work against the feeling of a believable world.

8. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

There's no doubt in at least a few cases they will become yard-ship "landing" lights in R21. While the few areas I've run into in my limited time in R20 have been pretty mild (albeit slightly immersion breaking), they do have the potential to get a bit out-of-control, especially if someone decides to buy a mass of these and line every inch of the boundaries of a property (or much worse).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Tarsin likes this.
  9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I actually LOVE the battle banners :D (Would like more symbol options though - like the Chaos symbol or hopefully later on, my coat of arms :rolleyes:) I am not happy that they did tone down the glow a bit :( Ooh...now that's a good idea, Hazard o_O I should go buy many more (only have two so far) and put them up all around my property ;)

Womby, Gaelis, 4EverLost and 4 others like this.
  10. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I can tell by your emoticons and colorful fonts you're definitely the type of person to LOVE the battle banners :D.

Forest_Dweller and Atogrim like this.
  11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

They certainly are unsightly and for me, immersion breaking. But.. they're here and that genie is out of the bottle. If players want to have glowing battle banners on their property, that's their choice. I may not like it - just like I don't care for real life lawn gnomes or giant Santas in my neighbors yards during the holidays.. but if I can live with gnomes and Santas in the real world, I can live with battle banners in New Britannia.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  12. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I think they're kinda pants, and do not match the lore or visual style of the world at all. I mean jeez. If you want to have something lit up and glowing, at least tie it in to the already existing technology of the world. These are just flags that glow for no reason.

I have no issue with the IDEA of them, but I think the design of the banners is something that was not thought through at all. Where's the style guide when you need it?

13. Gabriel Nightshadow

Um...they could be magically enchanted just like our cloaks, helmets, and swords which function as light sources :rolleyes: Now if only my armor glowed black or blood red...;)

smack, KuBaTRiZeS, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Our cloaks, helmets, and swords don't give off a god-awful glow that stretches up into the sky. I'm not talking about function justification here, I'm talking about aesthetics and design.

EDIT: :rolleyes:

15. Gabriel Nightshadow

I don't see anything wrong with the design - other than the glow and pillar of light, they look like typical medieval banners to me o_O

Tarsin and Lord Baldrith like this.
  16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Seems to me like my original post was pretty obviously about the glow itself. "If you want to have something lit up and glowing, at least tie it in to the already existing technology of the world. These are just flags that glow for no reason."

You may not agree with my opinion, but please stop trying to minimize or dismiss it.

Forest_Dweller, Hazard and Tarsin like this.
  17. Gabriel Nightshadow

I'm not o_O We just disagree on the subject and leave it at that ;) Enough said :)

18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Hah, decorating freedom...an excuse to say do whatever you want. These things are awful.

19. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

How about it would require x amount of resources to glow for y amount of time, thus stimulating the economy possibly fore people that want the bling.

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think it should have limited glow personally...use it for the event and it turns off....have a 10 minute timer or something that has to be renewed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.