Get rid of Rusty Spoons asap and replace it with...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

replace it with resources such as ore, ingots, wood, etc... nobody wants rusty spoons or dirty cutting boards...gems are useless now because they've been over utilized as drops. This loot system is trash I'm sorry to be so blunt, it's boring. Even dragons and higher end mobs have boring loot... and I thought with the new system of player items being recycled that would add a new dimension but the drops of player vendored stuff is limited to bundles... yep bundles... what is this fascination with stuffing decent stuff inside bundles and making us roll the dice on it? It's like double jeopardy..oh boy I was lucky to get a bundle drop... and now I gotta get lucky again to possibly get vendor trash.. yay I'm so lucky... Even if I were to get an artifact or something there are 2000 artifacts out there nobody wants.. Perhaps what we need is some sort of random stat generator on artifacts... that would be interesting.

Anyway I wish I had formatted my thoughts a bit better before posting this but really I'm feeling a bit jaded.

Zedd

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah I agree, resources would be a good replacement in conjunction with a slightly higher amount of gold being dropped.

3. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

Loot improvements are on the radar.... but unfortunately they seem to be continually delayed or cancelled. Release to release the loot changes get pushed. Only minor changes ever seem to get put in. They know it is a problem. They probably have a plan to fix it. They just need to put some time on it. I would not expect any measurable improvement over the next three or four releases. It may get better eventually.

Trevour

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Artifacts used to be rare, but people complained, now they are abundant, and people complain. Get heart of vruls and iron and copper chain recipes and dragon neckbones and gold and silver off dragons, and people complain. Now what do you think will happen if just every kill you got 1 mil coin and every artifact and rare drop every time, for some reason, I think people would still complain. MOAR MOAR MOAR, when is it enough?

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

;)

Fionwyn Wyldemane, smack and Mac2 like this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Resources already do drop off enemies, if you really after gold and silver, the clockwork dragon will drop 5-15 gold and silver ingots each kill, reapers will drop woods, barks and resins, golems drop granite, some mobs in mines drop ores, siege engineers drop wood.

7. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Items need to vary. If an artifact would add 10-20 of 3 different stats then the grind to find the 20/20/20 would be fantastic. Things would be exciting again. the fact that every artifact X is the same makes it boring.

8. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

And what do you think this will do to the gatherers playstyle....

I'm not a gatherer, but I'm not pro making the game all about killing mobs. This is a sandbox, all play styles should be welcome and rewarding.

Regards
    Spung

Nietzsche, Simon LeBon and Brewton like this.
  9. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

At least the supply bundles man, lets get some better loot in them please....

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

"Even if I were to get an artifact or something there are 2000 artifacts out there nobody wants.. "

There are actually a very limited number of artifacts and part of the reason nobody wants them is because there are many copies of them out there. Even if there were artifacts that were not so advantageous as gear I think some people would want them to collect them, if they were rare. But the fact that we keep getting the same artifacts over and over again means they aren't rare enough to care about finding. So IMO even 2000 artifacts out there that nobody cares about would be better than what we have now.

Tabatha, Sway and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think a part of the problem is loot has to be economically ballanced using equations including player numbers (now, short and mid term forecasts).
    I expect it has to consider the same forecasts for crafter numbers and the health of the player crafted market, I'm not sure how Port do that right now? It must be really hard.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Gems will be used for lava fishing.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

I think they should increase the gold drop rate considerably. Like 100x.

Would love to get an update on the economy and wealth distribution. This post was from over two years ago:

Has it gotten better or worse?

14. redfish

redfish Avatar

So, anyway a couple of points of my own I've made.

Some from a recent thread I put up Making better loot

- Rusty spoons, pots cleavers, etc, being out there in the world to collect are okay. But many people don't want them and they clutter up inventories. Put them in special cooks or food bundles that aren't common on mobs and found more in crates. Tailor supply bundles to role-play flavor, so there are different kinds, like miners bundles, food bundles, reagent bundles etc. If its done this way, players who want to can avoid the kitchen utensils, and if they still pick up those bundles to sell they can take them without cluttering their inventory with all sorts of random objects they're uninterested in. Miners bundles being on enemies in mines like kobolds could also be an alternative way to pick up ores and gems.

- Rarer valuables like silver goblets, gold chalices, etc would make good loot on bandits, they would be fun to find and would fetch a price. There could be magical artifact versions of valuables, too. Not all artifacts have to be gear.

- More artifacts make each artifact more unique, plus artifact re-forging would give the useless ones more use, plus I think create a system where there could be more interesting diversity.

More stuff listed in that thread that's kind of general than the OP here. I talk about quest items, mobs using magic gear, more exotic mats, etc. My opinion is still that food and reagents aren't relevant to most players as they could be (I don't use them), and if they were more relevant, they'd be less vendor trash and I'd be happy to find them.

(Also I still believe there should be a short loot timer to bring looting closer to harvesting, for many reasons; one of them is that people will be more deliberate about what they pick up. Right now people don't even know what they're picking up because they loot so fast and then their bags get filled with junk they don't want like rusty spoons and such. Thread on a short loot timer.)

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Increased gold drop won't fix the imbalance though, it'll just create inflation.

I think a lot of solutions are counter-intuitive. Honestly, the more easy it is to endlessly farm for hours on end, the lower selling prices have to be, and the longer players have to grind to make gold.

16. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

I think if they just didn't drop the rusty spoons and stuff that has negligable value, that would be an improvement, dont really need to replace it with anything, just tired of deleting it out of my inventory all the time and combing through my inventory for a minute for 5gp.

Tabatha, gtesser, Jason_M and 2 others like this.
  17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Honestly, I don't even care if they replace them anything at all. I'd be happy if they just stopped dropping useless rusty spoons, dirty rolling pins, yokes, etc. I have no use for those items and all they do is add weight to my pack. I'd rather not get anything at all then get worthless stuff I have to constantly keep deleting to prevent encumbrance.

Of all the "junk" added, the only pieces I keep are the rusty plate armor stuff because that has a decent sell value to NPC's.

* Edit * OMG, Black posted my exact thoughts like 10 seconds before I did. :D

Tabatha, Gorthyn, Jason_M and 4 others like this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Should just be able to scrap the spoon for gold and silver scraps. :p

Sway likes this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well at least if we get rusty spoons etc and all make them salvageable. At first it was kinda cool to see a different thing dropping but these are all but useless after you have a zillion of them. You can set up lots of tables with this loot but it has no secondary purpose for those who don't want to set up dining tables. So trash loot should be salvageable at least.

20. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

You are waaaaay too kind Majoria, it sucked from the first spoon. They weaponized loot against those that just like to press the take all button. The clearly wanted us to sift thru it and pick what we wanted like a true ransacker. I terrible idea if there ever was one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.